Cadet Program Badge on golf Shirt

Started by smitjud, May 09, 2008, 09:31:49 PM

smitjud

Forgive me if this has already been mentioned, but a lot of stuff to dig through here.

Wanted to let everyone know that you can order the cadet program specialty badge on the CAP embroidered golf shirt now...

...it just might take a while to receive it.

March 31st (2008), I placed an order with Vanguard for a new embroidered golf shirt (mine is worn out).  Instead of having a drop down menu with all the specialty badges they have availiable, you had to type in your badge, so I typed in Cadet Programs, Senior.  Late the next week one of their reps called me to tell me they were sorry, they don't make that badge, that NHQ had not authorized them to make it but they could make any one of the badges on the long list they proceded to read me (which included about every badge made, except CP it seems).  I told them to go ahead and make me a shirt with the Ground Team Leader badge (even though I don't do much ES these days due to a conflict of interest in my job).

In the meantime, I called NHQ and talked to their Vanguard liasion.  She told me that Vanguard was incorrect and that NHQ had authorized them to make all badges availiable on the shirts.

I called Vanguard back, they told me this was news to them and that they would check on it, but even if it was authorized, it would still take some time (a few months) to digitize and prepare for production, so I stuck with the GTL shirt.

Vanguard then called me back later that day and said that they had verified what I found with NHQ, and would begin on making the CP badge immediately, that it should only take two weeks to digitize and put into production and asked if I wanted to wait a couple weeks for that - I told them definitely.

May 7th (2008),  over a month since my last contact with them, my order was still listed as pending in the system when I logged in to check.  I called them and asked what was up, they told me that I said I would wait for it to be digitized, to which I replied I was aware of but it was only suppossed to be a couple weeks, tops.  They proceded to tell me that they hadn't begun to digitize this yet, and there was no indication on  When they would begin and have this ready for production.  Went ahead and got the GTL shirt - tired of waiting.

Maybe if more people call inquiring about the CP shirt it will put some pressure on them to expedite and I can order the one I really want - which should be a popular design nationwide.
JUSTIN D. SMITH, Maj, CAP
ALWG

"You do not lead by hitting people over the head - that's assault, not leadership."

-Dwight D. Eisenhower

mikeylikey

But I don't like the CP badge.......
What's up monkeys?

SarDragon

Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

mikeylikey

What's up monkeys?

PHall

mikeylikey

^ It matters to me, and that is all that matters   ;D
What's up monkeys?

jb512

Quote from: mikeylikey on May 09, 2008, 10:42:29 PM
But I don't like the CP badge.......

But some of us do... Especially us former cadets.

I'd never wear the golf shirt, but I do like the CP badge.

JC004

Don't get mikey started on a weekend.  He must be drunk by now, and you never know when he's going to start using these again:

btw, if anyone can get me one of these for my front lawn, that'd be great.   >:D

jb512

Yeah, yeah... we all know how drove up mikey can get...

mikeylikey

What's up monkeys?

jb512

It's ok... mikey and I are going to get liquored up one weekend and solve every single one of our problems....

No need to worry...

Gunner C

It always makes me a bit squeemish when CP folks start talking about golf shirts.  CP officers need to be in the same uniform as their cadets.

GC

JayT

Quote from: Gunner C on May 10, 2008, 10:46:18 AM
It always makes me a bit squeemish when CP folks start talking about golf shirts.  CP officers need to be in the same uniform as their cadets.

GC

I agree, but like almost all of our uniforms, the golf shirt has it's place.

If I was interacting with lets say.......a middle schools principle, I would definately rather be in the golf shirt or the blazer combination then my regular CSU or AF Service Dress.
"Eagerness and thrill seeking in others' misery is psychologically corrosive, and is also rampant in EMS. It's a natural danger of the job. It will be something to keep under control, something to fight against."

Tubacap

Good Point... I know a lot of educational administration that is very squimish about any sort of organization that is rooted in military bearing.

William Schlosser, Major CAP
NER-PA-001

Gunner C

Quote from: Tubacap on May 10, 2008, 01:54:28 PM
Good Point... I know a lot of educational administration that is very squimish about any sort of organization that is rooted in military bearing.

Then CAP is not for them.  Easy.

GC

JayT

Quote from: Gunner C on May 11, 2008, 11:58:43 PM

GC

Disagree. We need to be adjustable.
"Eagerness and thrill seeking in others' misery is psychologically corrosive, and is also rampant in EMS. It's a natural danger of the job. It will be something to keep under control, something to fight against."

RiverAux

GC

Correct.  CAP is based upon a military model and CAP cadets are almost always in a military uniform and if we are approaching a principal about doing a recruiting booth or something else at their school during which we would probably be in uniform, then we shouldn't try to hide that by trying to "civilianize" ourselves when discussing it with them.   

jb512

Quote from: JThemann on May 12, 2008, 12:15:47 AM

GC

Disagree. We need to be adjustable.

But not to the point where we hide our affiliation with the military.  That is one of the largest parts of our cadet programs.

Tubacap

I think the operative word is when. 

If, as a senior member, you make initial contact with them in an softer uniform, and get the okay; then you can do the presentation in whichever uniform you like.

The key is knowing your audience and approaching them appropriately.
William Schlosser, Major CAP
NER-PA-001

jb512

Well, I still disagree.  I don't see the blues or whites being a "hard" uniform, and should not be inappropriate to represent us.