Pre NCSA Award Question

Started by CASH172, May 05, 2008, 01:51:06 AM

CASH172

I have a senior that's got a question.  He earned the old Jet Orientation Course ribbon.  Does he wear a modern NCSA ribbon or can he wear the old JOC ribbon?

mikeylikey

I think it is the JOC Ribbon. 
What's up monkeys?

AlphaSigOU

With few exceptions (the Cadet COP, Frank Borman Falcon Award and the National Commander's Citation) all the old cadet special activity awards are obsolete and can no longer be worn on the current uniform. Wear of the current NCSA ribbon doesn't count for older special activities. (I'd like to wear one for the old Air Force Logstics Command Orientation Program (AFLCOP), but that went away before the introduction of the current NCSA ribbon. I could wear one for ATCFC (Air Training Command Familiarization Course, now SUPTFC (Specialized Undergraduate Flying Training Familiarization Course) but I don't have official documentation (other than a picture) to back it up, so I generally don't wear it. The NCSA ribbon wasn't offered WIWAC.)

Quoth CAPR 39-3 section F, Activity and Service Ribbons:

Quoted. Cadet Specialty Activity Ribbon. Awarded to cadets and senior members who participate in the
national cadet special activities listed below. NOTE: The senior member participants must be identified by the CAP project officer and approved by the member's region commander. Each subsequent activity is
represented by a bronze star affixed to the basic ribbon. Cadets earning this ribbon may continue to wear the ribbon as a senior member.

1 Air Education and Training Command Familiarization Course
2 Pararescue Orientation Course
3 Advanced Pararescue Course
4 Air Force Space Command Familiarization Course
5 Air Force Computer Orientation Program (no longer offered— must have attended prior to 1995)
6 Blue Beret Activity
7 Senator Jennings Randolph Soaring School
8 USAF sponsored Chapel Leadership Conference
9 Hawk Mountain Ranger School
10 National Flight Academy – Power Track
11 National Flight Academy – Glider Track
12 National GSAR School
13 Space Camp/Aviation Challenge
14 Jacksonville University/Comair Academy
15 Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University Orientation Course

CAPR 39-3 has not been updated in a while; some of the above activities have either been renamed or are obsolete.
Lt Col Charles E. (Chuck) Corway, CAP
Gill Robb Wilson Award (#2901 - 2011)
Amelia Earhart Award (#1257 - 1982) - C/Major (retired)
Billy Mitchell Award (#2375 - 1981)
Administrative/Personnel/Professional Development Officer
Nellis Composite Squadron (PCR-NV-069)
KJ6GHO - NAR 45040

Does that National GSAR school include NESA? 

1st Lt Ricky Walsh, CAP
Boston Cadet Squadron
NER-MA002 SE, AEO & ESO

MIKE

Mike Johnston