Cadet Command Badge

Started by DC, May 03, 2008, 03:33:37 PM

DC

Quote from: sarflyer on May 05, 2008, 06:43:22 PM
Your right!  But only on the Mitchell Ribbon while a cadet.  A gold star would be a good substitute.  When the cadet turns senior he can move the star to his highest cadet ribbon.  Also cords can be approved at the wing level by the Wing CC for any color except blue, red, gold and white.
Kelly Green and Metallic Silver are also reserved.

QuoteThis >is< a discussion about uniform bling, specifically.

In my personal experience, the majority of cadets, especially younger ones, are more interested in the cord, then the job, and once they get the cord, they disengage.

As noted, cadet commanders do not actually have any personal responsibility for execution like Seniors do.
This thread is about a specific badge, or cord, at this point, not bling in general.

I would hope that by the time a cadet gets to the point of being C/CC they would be mature enough no not just be bling hunting.

A Cadet Commander may not have all of the responsibility that is placed on a squadron commander, like finances, assets and all of that, but they should be held responsible for the running of the cadet program, which does involve some responsibility. I'm not trying to argue that Cadet Commanders have as much reponsibility or as much work as a squadron commander, they don't, but that it still requires some sacrifice, and it is worthy of recognition, be it a badge, or a cord, a ribbon, or even a ribbon device.

Eclipse

Quote from: DC on May 05, 2008, 07:08:13 PM
I would hope that by the time a cadet gets to the point of being C/CC they would be mature enough no not just be bling hunting.

We have cadet commanders all over the country that come in as mid-level NCOs.

Quote from: DC on May 05, 2008, 07:08:13 PM
A Cadet Commander may not have all of the responsibility that is placed on a squadron commander, like finances, assets and all of that, but they should be held responsible for the running of the cadet program, which does involve some responsibility. I'm not trying to argue that Cadet Commanders have as much responsibility or as much work as a squadron commander, they don't, but that it still requires some sacrifice, and it is worthy of recognition, be it a badge, or a cord, a ribbon, or even a ribbon device.

In some cases it requires responsibility, maturity, and sacrifice.  In others it requires standing in front of the room.

The last thing we need is another cadet badge, cord, or ribbon.

"That Others May Zoom"