Blue M65 Jacket - Insignia worn? Quick answer needed

Started by Eclipse, April 12, 2008, 04:14:21 PM

Eclipse

I'm doing a uniform presentation this afternoon - if you wear the blue m65 with the blue BDU,
do you put insignia on it like the camo M65?

Something cited would really help as I can't find any reference.

"That Others May Zoom"

davidsinn

Yes except you can not wear military badges on it.

CAPM 39-1, pg 87, tbl 4-1, line 8.

QuoteOutergarments Since the field uniform is uniquely CAP and is not a USAF clothing item, any
type cold weather outergarment may be worn. A dark blue field jacket is
available and authorized for wear. If worn, the same accouterments worn on
the field uniform shirt will be worn.
An orange safety vest is authorized in
wooded areas for safety reasons.

Bolding mine. I'll try and post a pic of mine later today.
Former CAP Captain
David Sinn

Eclipse

Awesome  - just what I needed - and funny that people at lunch were telling me my answer was waiting.   :D

"That Others May Zoom"

davidsinn

Here's a pic of mine. Flag, Wing patch and tapes. Don't forget your cutouts on the epaulets in addition to your rank. I also should have a ground team badge but haven't gotten it on there yet,
Former CAP Captain
David Sinn

Eclipse

Cool - the presentation went very well, including having Col Hodgkins sit in on about the last 30 minutes or so of the session.

"That Others May Zoom"

CASH172

Quote from: Eclipse on April 14, 2008, 01:37:26 AM
Cool - the presentation went very well, including having Col Hodgkins sit in on about the last 30 minutes or so of the session.

Where were you?

Eclipse

GLR/ILWG Conference.

I was debating writing much detail on it, but I'll say this, as tired as I am (and this kicked off a "hell-month" for a bunch of us with full-time, away-from-home, CAP weekends through mid-May), this was probably the most enjoyable, well-run conference I have participated in.

No chaos, well-orchestrated sessions, and people smiling the whole weekend.

The members in my session were engaged and interested and many really needed the information,
so I enjoyed presenting it (Thanks to Chuck Corway who added a lot of value to what I'd already put together!)

Vanguard was there in a pretty good showing, and after all was said and done, I wore the semi-formal blazer combo and it actually looked pretty sharp, especially when you compare it to the cost of mess dress.

Guests included General Courter, Col. Hodgkins, Lt. Col. Stewart, former CC Gen. Bergman, and a whole host of staffers from NHQ  and the states in GLR.

General Courter is very well spoken and approachable, and you can tell she has a clear vision and mission for CAP.

A number of friends and colleagues had the honor of being promoted by the iCC, received PD awards, "x of the year", etc., and I even got to take home some unexpected bling for myself.

As I said, I really enjoyed it, knackered and all.

"That Others May Zoom"

mikeylikey

Quote from: Eclipse on April 14, 2008, 02:50:08 AM
General Courter is very well spoken and approachable, and you can tell she has a clear vision and mission for CAP.

When you get a chance to recover, you will have to fill us all in on what her vision is, and what our future missions will encompass. 

Sounds like a good conference!
What's up monkeys?

davedove

Quote from: davidsinn on April 14, 2008, 12:57:30 AM
Don't forget your cutouts on the epaulets in addition to your rank.

You know, I know the cutouts are supposed to go on there (and I still need to put mine on), but the only place I can find any reference to the cutouts on the epaulets is in Figure 6-3 in the CAPM 39-1.  Nowhere can I find any reference to how they are placed (measurements, etc.).
David W. Dove, Maj, CAP
Deputy Commander for Seniors
Personnel/PD/Asst. Testing Officer
Ground Team Leader
Frederick Composite Squadron
MER-MD-003

O-Rex

Quote from: davedove on May 01, 2008, 04:01:18 PM

You know, I know the cutouts are supposed to go on there (and I still need to put mine on), but the only place I can find any reference to the cutouts on the epaulets is in Figure 6-3 in the CAPM 39-1.  Nowhere can I find any reference to how they are placed (measurements, etc.).

I imagine that the guidance from 39-1 was a "ditto" for the purpose of expediting things, but I gotta think that the original purpose of the CAP cutouts on the epaulets was to distinguish CAP from USAF (like there aren't enough differences to begin with...)

But since then the BDU shirt itself was updated to eliminate the cutouts, and it actually began with the BBDU's.

Perhaps this is a detail that was overlooked?

Eclipse

Quote from: davedove on May 01, 2008, 04:01:18 PM

Its there, but not exactly clear on location.

Quote from: CAPM 39-1, Page 63, Table 2-3, 7
Camouflage pattern (woodland green). Configure accouterments on jacket the same as the BDU shirt. If field jacket has epaulets, cloth ultramarine blue grade insignia and CAP cutouts are placed on the epaulet. If the field jacket does not have epaulets, wear grade insignia and CAP cutouts on the collar the same as BDU shirt.

"That Others May Zoom"