Explain the rules for retaining mission paperwork at the unit level. (CAPP 70-3)

Started by Holding Pattern, March 24, 2018, 10:27:57 PM

Holding Pattern

I'm preparing my checklist for the ES Officer Technician rating. Other than Participation letters and signed SQTR paperwork being placed in member files until uploaded in ops quals, are there any other items that must be retained at the squadron level? CAPR 10-2 states on Page 9, Table 8 that we can destroy all paper records once they have been verified as uploaded into e-Services.

Am I missing anything else?

Eclipse

No - nothing is required to be retained.

All mission records go into WMIRS and are retained there or by the wing.

"That Others May Zoom"

etodd

Quote from: Mordecai on March 24, 2018, 10:27:57 PM

... signed SQTR paperwork being placed in member files until uploaded in ops quals, ....

Is that a requirement? I think I personally have kept every signed SQTR sheet myself, gone home and checked off everything in Ops Quals, where it would then get approved. At which time I think I have trashed the actual sheets. Once online, I figure Hdqs is backing up the Ops Quals and WMIRS website databases.  I don't think our Squadron has many Senior records at all. More for Cadets I'm sure.
"Don't try to explain it, just bow your head
Breathe in, breathe out, move on ..."

Eclipse

Quote from: etodd on March 25, 2018, 02:10:36 AM
Quote from: Mordecai on March 24, 2018, 10:27:57 PM

... signed SQTR paperwork being placed in member files until uploaded in ops quals, ....

Is that a requirement?

No.  Hardcopy SQTRs died a number of years ago.

People still use them, but there is no requirement to, nor retain them.  Enter the tasks, the CAPID, his submit.

Done.

I generally try to do it in real time.

"That Others May Zoom"