Texas CAP Conference - Anybody Went?

Started by zippy, September 02, 2017, 11:26:11 PM

zippy

There was a nationwide call for CAP members to go to Texas for a national conference. Is there anybody on the forum that is attending the conference? How was it? How was the banquet?

LSThiker

Quote from: zippy on September 02, 2017, 11:26:11 PM
There was a nationwide call for CAP members to go to Texas for a national conference. Is there anybody on the forum that is attending the conference? How was it? How was the banquet?

Had planned to, but unfortunately, I had a small problem with the weather that caused me to cancel my plans.

SarDragon

There are a couple of regulars there, but are probably too busy right now to be posting on here. I'm sure at least one of them will do some sort of AAR when they get home. Patience, Padawan.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

Matthew Congrove

The conference was great. Lots of valuable learning labs, had a really good distribution of wings being represented, and the awards, banquet, etc. were all really well done. The two guest speakers at the banquet were fantastic, as was Col. Boe's presentation at the start (and yes, he's now a full-bird CAP colonel, they pinned him on after his presentation).

The best part (obviously for sad reasons) was seeing folks last night in mess dress working the Harvey incident command post before, during and after the banquet. That was a strange contrast, and it really summed up this past week.
Lt. Col. Matthew Congrove, CAP

jeders

As usual, the National Conference was a rousing success. Many thanks to everyone who worked so hard, especially Sherra and David Ogden who put so much time in to everything.

I was able to attend the TXWG/SWR award ceremony Saturday as well as the recognition ceremony and change of command and the banquet Saturday night. I got to see a lot of people I only get to see once every year or two, though I didn't see several people either affected by or responding to Hurricane Harvey. Sadly I missed out on all of the Learning labs as I was doing what I could to help in the ICP most of the time.
If you are confident in you abilities and experience, whether someone else is impressed is irrelevant. - Eclipse

etodd

Quote from: jeders on September 04, 2017, 01:15:13 AM

Sadly I missed out on all of the Learning labs ...

Do they video any or all of the labs, so the thousands not able to attend can see them? Didn't care about the dinner and festivities, but would be nice to see the labs, if there was material and info offered that would be beneficial.
"Don't try to explain it, just bow your head
Breathe in, breathe out, move on ..."

Ned

The  Cadet Programs Learning Labs were indeed broadcast live, and were recorded.  The podcasts should be available shortly on the CP page of the national website.

We took questions from the field during the broadcasts, which was fun.

Ned Lee
National Cadet Program Manager

UWONGO2

I attended the conference for the first time. It was nice to put some faces to names.

Jester

Quote from: Ned on September 04, 2017, 04:02:04 AM
The  Cadet Programs Learning Labs were indeed broadcast live, and were recorded.  The podcasts should be available shortly on the CP page of the national website.

We took questions from the field during the broadcasts, which was fun.

Ned Lee
National Cadet Program Manager

Will that happen with all webinars as well?  I'd like to be able to get the encampment ones.

Ned

Past CP Webinars are available here, but we will be moving the directory to a more easily located page shortly.

Enjoy!