CG AUX Air Crew Badge

Started by Arc light, July 06, 2017, 05:08:42 PM

Arc light

Can you wear aviation badges from the CG AUX on a cap uniform? I read in 39-1 about getting approval from National, but it seemed a little grey area to me. So that's why I'm asking the cap community.

kwe1009

If it is not listed on CAPM 39-1 or AFI 36-2903 then it is not authorized unless you get permission from National.  So without NHQ approval, you are not authorized to wear any CG AUX badges.

CAP9907

Quote from: Arc light on July 06, 2017, 05:08:42 PM
Can you wear aviation badges from the CG AUX on a cap uniform? I read in 39-1 about getting approval from National, but it seemed a little grey area to me. So that's why I'm asking the cap community.

no///
21 yrs of service

Our Members Code of Conduct can be found here:   http://captalk.net/index.php?topic=13.0

MHC5096

The only one that might be authorized is the Coast Guard Boat Force Operations Insignia, as it has the same design and award criteria for AD, Reserve and Auxiliary. The CGAUX specific stuff is a definite no go.
Mark H. Crary
Lt Col, CAP (1990-Present)
DDC-P, CGAUX (2011-Present)
MSgt, USAF (1995-2011)
QM2, USN (1989-1995)

N6RVT

Quote from: MHC5096 on July 06, 2017, 07:52:38 PM
The only one that might be authorized is the Coast Guard Boat Force Operations Insignia, as it has the same design and award criteria for AD, Reserve and Auxiliary. The CGAUX specific stuff is a definite no go.

The only exception is *some* ribbons are actual USCG issue and are not AUX awards, these are OK.  Such include Meritorious Team, Unit Commendation, the 911 ribbon and some others.  If Active Duty USCG can wear it, then CAP can too.  But I know of no badges that fit in this category, only about a half dozen ribbons.

And in addition, these are military ribbons.  NONE of them go on the Aviator Whites.

Arc light

How would one get permission from NHQ to wear the CG AUX observer wings, is there a form or something

Abby.L

Quote from: Arc light on July 13, 2017, 04:38:49 AM
How would one get permission from NHQ to wear the CG AUX observer wings, is there a form or something
I would start by going up your chain of command.
Capt Abby R. Lockling
SSgt(Sep) USAF, 41ECS
Charlie flight, NBB 2013

MSG Mac

Write a proposal for the wear of the CGAUX insignia, send it through channels to the CAP Uniform Committee. I would include something from the CG Headquarters saying they have no objection to CAP wear and an explanation why this is a good idea for CAP.

I doubt it'll be approved, but if you feel so strongly about it-GO FOR IT.
Michael P. McEleney
Lt Col CAP
MSG USA (Retired)
50 Year Member