Source for custom CAP black leather name patches for the flight suit?

Started by Pace, May 25, 2017, 03:27:11 AM

Pace

I ordered a new set of flight suit name patches from VG after my last promotion, but the quality of these are less than I would expect. My previous supplier must have gotten a C&D letter because they no longer will make these with CAP insignia. Does anyone still have a non-VG supplier that does quality leather name patches with CAP insignia? Please feel free to PM me instead of replying here.

Thank you!
Lt Col, CAP

PHall

Send them back to Vanguard with a note saying what's wrong with them.

Pace

There's nothing wrong, exactly. It's that their quality of work is poor compared to suppliers I have used in the past. If there is alternative supplier, I would prefer to use them over VG.
Lt Col, CAP

jeders

Unfortunately, I think VG is the only game in town on that one. If you happen to find a supplier, please, for the love of all that is good in the universe, don't post it in public.
If you are confident in you abilities and experience, whether someone else is impressed is irrelevant. - Eclipse

Pace

Lt Col, CAP

HandsomeWalt_USMC

What Jeders said! I think the only way you'd be able to get them done by a third party is if someone still had their dies from prior to the VG agreement and you were able to work out a quiet deal with them. As we would have said in the Corps: "a drug deal". Fortunately we have other vendors options for things like military badges for BDU/ABU. And my flight suit tag people made up flight suit name tags for me with my USMC Aircrew wings in gold and my name, 2ndLt CAP in silver. They look pretty sharp on my helmet bag and green flight suit. Of course once I get a CAP aircrew rating I will have to go with vanguard unless/until I can find a company with their dies sitting in a back room somewhere and willing to run off a few on the down low.
HANDSOME SENDS

Semper Fidelis

"PRIDE IS CONTAGIOUS"