New P40-40 Pamphlet for Professional Development

Started by MacGruff, May 19, 2017, 01:06:10 AM

MacGruff

A new pamphlet was released two days ago. It's the one for Professional Development Officers and also shows a new numbering scheme. Unlike the previous CAPP 2XX designation, this one is titled P40-40. In addition to the new numbering scheme, there is a slightly modified layout (the checklists for the different levels are concentrated in the back of the pamphlet) and the requirements have been tweaked. I did not have a chance to ready it in depth, but it looks like they increased the requirements for each level. One thing I noted is that you have to have the Loening Award now (Level 3) to get a Master rating.

I am sure there are more changes in there, but as I said, had not gone over it in depth yet.

Live2Learn

When I saw the title my first thought was... Oh NO!  A CAP pilot must have busted P-40 (Camp David Prohibited Airspace).  It appears there's plenty of precedent set by other pilots and pilots-in-training for that infraction - a form of "professional development" in itself.   :(

I'm happy it was a case of "failure to communicate" ...  :)

https://studentpilot.com/interact/forum/forum/flight-training/hangar-talk/28775-p-40-busted-twice-saturday