Main Menu

Uniform

Started by Arc light, April 11, 2017, 02:43:42 AM

Arc light

Hello, I was wondering if any one knew if as cadets we were still aloud to wear the old style class A blues, they are still in 39-1 but heard they were getting phased out, also side question do you know if the secondary advisor for CAC receives a shoulder chord and ribbon? Thank you

Brad

Quote from: Arc light on April 11, 2017, 02:43:42 AM
Hello, I was wondering if any one knew if as cadets we were still aloud to wear the old style class A blues, they are still in 39-1 but heard they were getting phased out, also side question do you know if the secondary advisor for CAC receives a shoulder chord and ribbon? Thank you

In regards to your first question, there has not been an ICL posted otherwise, and CAPM 39-1 has not been revised to state otherwise. So until either one of those events happen, CAPM 39-1 is as written with published ICLs taken into account as well, which right now only include the ABU wear instructions and the WWII device authorization for 2017 which ended in 2016.

In regards to your second question, see the following:

Quote from: CAPM 39-1 Paragraph 9.3.1
9.3.1. Cadet Advisory Council. Current, primary members of the cadet advisory council at each echelon may wear shoulder cords...

and

Quote from: CAPR 39-3 Paragraph 21j
j. Cadet Advisory Council Ribbon. Awarded to all primary members of each cadet advisory council.

Emphasis mine. So in short, no, secondary members do not receive the ribbon or shoulder cord, only the primary members.
Brad Lee
Maj, CAP
Assistant Deputy Chief of Staff, Communications
Mid-Atlantic Region
K4RMN

Eclipse

Quote from: Brad on April 11, 2017, 03:38:05 AM... and the WWII device authorization for 2017

FYI - wear of the historical wings ended in Dec 2016

"That Others May Zoom"

Brad

Quote from: Eclipse on April 11, 2017, 04:00:47 AM
Quote from: Brad on April 11, 2017, 03:38:05 AM... and the WWII device authorization for 2017

FYI - wear of the historical wings ended in Dec 2016

Ah, you're right. Glad I didn't buy a pair then heh.
Brad Lee
Maj, CAP
Assistant Deputy Chief of Staff, Communications
Mid-Atlantic Region
K4RMN

Luis R. Ramos

That is one of the biggest problems in CAP. Not only in CAP but in many, many, many other organizations and society in general. Forget the official regulations!

I heard that .... who heard it as well from .... who heard it from .... who had heard it from ....

???
Squadron Safety Officer
Squadron Communication Officer
Squadron Emergency Services Officer

Arc light

Thank you for your replys sirs/ma'am's just clarifying since there have been no ICF's I can still wear the old style class A blues coat with the four buttons?

Thank you

Eclipse

"That Others May Zoom"

Arc light