CAP BDG Parachutist Insignia

Started by Castle Bravo, March 21, 2017, 07:40:56 AM

Castle Bravo

I saw the CAP BDG Parachutist Insignia and thought, "That's neat, wonder what people do to get that" so I do some digging into it but can't find anything about it. At first I thought it might be somthing for people that pass the NCSA for AF Pararescue and survival but I thought that might be unlikely and wanted to find out for sure.

PhoenixRisen

Are you talking about these?  Link.

Unfortunately, those aren't a CAP-issued badge.  Those are just the "real deal" Army-style parachutist wings on ultramarine cloth.

LSThiker

Or are you speaking of these?

If so, attached are a few historical documents published.

Castle Bravo

Quote from: PhoenixRisen on March 21, 2017, 12:09:25 PM
Are you talking about these?  Link.

Unfortunately, those aren't a CAP-issued badge.  Those are just the "real deal" Army-style parachutist wings on ultramarine cloth.

Yeah that's it, thanks for clearing it up.

BuckeyeDEJ

CAP since 1984: Lt Col; former C/Lt Col; MO, MRO, MS, IO; former sq CC/CD/PA; group, wing, region PA, natl cmte mbr, nat'l staff member.
REAL LIFE: Working journalist in SPG, DTW (News), SRQ, PIT (Trib), 2D1, WVI, W22; editor, desk chief, designer, photog, columnist, reporter, graphics guy, visual editor, but not all at once. Now a communications manager for an international multisport venue.

Simplex

Great article, 19 years in CAP and never heard of that before.

Eclipse

"That Others May Zoom"

NIN

Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.