Main Menu

Celebrating 50 Years in CAP

Started by radioconsult, February 12, 2017, 01:23:41 PM

radioconsult

I originally joined CAP as a Senior Member while in college in 1966. Over the years I was active then periods of being away from CAP due to the usual moves, jobs, family etc. After my retirement I rejoined a few years ago. After reading the requirements for the fifty-year award, I submitted my request to NHQ. Saturday I checked eservices and there it was my 50 year membership status!  So I guess I'm part of CAP for the rest of my life.

Lt Col Richard Fitzgerald
Director of Communications
Oklahoma Wing
50 Year Member!

JacobAnn

That is awesome!  Congratulations!   

NIN

Congratulations!  Thats fantastic! 

(I won't mention that I was *born* in 1966.. This is one of those times I need to be reminded that I'm just a whippersnapper who needs to stay off the lawn.. LOL)

Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

GaryVC

I thought this was 50 years of "on the books" membership. I joined in 1964 but as of Tuesday will have 32 years of card carrying membership.

Eclipse

CAPR 39-2, Page 15:
http://www.capmembers.com/media/cms/R039_002_A74FDA9552C2D.pdf

"3.3. Fifty-Year Members. Individuals who have 50 years of service (not necessarily continuous)
in Civil Air Patrol are eligible for free membership. Individuals reaching this milestone must have
their service verified by the wing commander and a letter sent to National Headquarters. At that
time the individual's membership record will be annotated to show an indefinite renewal date
and a new membership card will be issued. These members continue to receive all the benefits
of regular active membership and are entitled to all rights and privileges. "

"That Others May Zoom"

Simplex

Congratulations, sir! I also began my association with CAP in 1961 when I joined as a Cadet with the Enid Composite Squadron also in Oklahoma. I left in 1962 for the Army and re-joined CAP in 1993. Again, congratulations, and thank you for your service!

MSG Mac

i thought it was 50 years continuous service as a Senior. If it includes cadet time I'll be applying this week.
Michael P. McEleney
Lt Col CAP
MSG USA (Retired)
50 Year Member

SarDragon

Quote from: MSG Mac on February 12, 2017, 08:21:08 PM
i thought it was 50 years continuous service as a Senior. If it includes cadet time I'll be applying this week.

As noted earlier, the membership does not need to be continuous. Cadet time also counts, as verified by myself with NHQ some time ago.

I joined in Feb 1964, as a cadet, and would already have my free ride, if not for a six year gap in the '80s. I have to wait until 2020 now.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret