Main Menu

A Short Story About CAP

Started by KarolOpelski, February 10, 2017, 02:32:52 AM

KarolOpelski

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B27ln5kf931OQ08tNU1zRzlGZ3c

"He who fights with monsters should be careful lest he thereby become a monster.
And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee."
    -Frederick Nietzsche

Figured this was the best place to put this.

Also, it's about whatever you want it to be about. I just wanted to put it out.

Luis R. Ramos

I think that... Stoping to read this was a big waste of my time...

:-\
Squadron Safety Officer
Squadron Communication Officer
Squadron Emergency Services Officer

Spam

Just imagine the scope of time and effort that, wasted on this, could have been applied to drafting up effective training classes, planning quarterly training schedules, negotiating MOUs with local and state agencies, conducting mentoring and review boards to ensure that growing minds are nurtured and guided within the program, and so forth. The quality of writing, at a brief glance, indicates at least a fairly good command of the English language, and an inventive mind possibly capable of original planning and inventive thought. Instead a massive fantasy in many, many pages. CAP fan fiction and fantasies. A CAP circle jerk, in the crudest terms.

Of course, we have the exact same wasted time and effort with all of us that spend so much time myopically focused on our uniform fetishes, our preoccupation with tactical cool gear, and our endless debates that make us sound like so many puffed up members of home owners associations arguing over clauses in the covenants. I keep seeing members spend time on these useless hobbies, and yet can't get anyone in my Wing to agree to help write an Ops playbook and preplans for hurricanes, floods, and other disasters as required by CAP regs.

*vent mode off.
- Spam

SarDragon

tl;dr

I see little relevance to today's CAP, and it appears to be little more than rabble-rousing.

Click.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret