CAC Squadron Representative

Started by PatrickHall603, January 24, 2017, 03:53:16 AM

PatrickHall603

I was doing some research into CAC representative for my Squadron, but I couldn't find a direct answer for my question. Do squadron representatives receive any uniform addons for being a squadron representative?

biomed441

Take a look at CAPR 52-16 Chapter 7. You'll find your answers there and there is a table that identifies what color shoulder cord and ribbon award is authorized.

TheSkyHornet

The squadron may provide this, or you may be tasked to procure/purchase the cord on your own.

McDaddy2003

And you earn the CAC Ribbon upon completion of your term.

GaryVC

Quote from: McDaddy2003 on February 21, 2017, 05:02:40 AM
And you earn the CAC Ribbon upon completion of your term.

Actually all 39-3 says is "Cadet Advisory Council Ribbon. Awarded to all primary members of each cadet advisory council. The ribbon with appropriate device as indicated below is a permanent cadet activity award." There is nothing about when it is awarded or any other requirements for receiving the ribbon.

CAPDCCMOM

In our Squadron, we provided our Cadet with Ribbon and Cord. I think that it is up to the individual Squadron or CC what is provided, and what a Cadet must provide

Майор Хаткевич

Is it me, or did it used to say you needed to serve your year before the ribbon?

TheSkyHornet

We will provide the cord for the cadet from the squadron. It may be worn upon immediate appointment to the Primary CAC rep role; however, we will pull a cadet who does not perform or is disruptive to the process (haven't had that yet, but we're prepared to do so).

Eclipse

Quote from: Майор Хаткевич on February 21, 2017, 09:57:00 PM
Is it me, or did it used to say you needed to serve your year before the ribbon?

It did - and it wasn't a given.

From the current verbiage, you could interpret this as "immediately on appointment."

"j. Cadet Advisory Council Ribbon. Awarded to all primary members of each cadet
advisory council. The ribbon with appropriate device as indicated below is a permanent cadet
activity award. Additionally, a shoulder cord is worn as a means of identifying current CAC
members; however, it is worn only during the term of office. Senior members who served as CAC
members during their cadet tenure may continue to wear the ribbon."

"That Others May Zoom"

Lord of the North

Of course CAPR 52-16 dated 1 November 2015, Chapter 7 states:

7-8. Awards. During their term of office, primary representatives, CAC chairs, and CAC vice chairs may wear a shoulder cord (see Figure 7-1). Shoulder cords must be of the same style and shade as that stocked for CAP by Vanguard. Upon successful completion of their term of office, primary representatives and CAC chairs may wear the CAC ribbon, with the echelon commander's approval.

What Eclipse cited is from CAPR 39-3, dated 2 December 2012, which states ins paragraph 21:
j. Cadet Advisory Council Ribbon. Awarded to all primary members of each cadet advisory council. The ribbon with appropriate device as indicated below is a permanent cadet activity award. Additionally, a shoulder cord is worn as a means of identifying current CAC members; however, it is worn only during the term of office. Senior members who served as CAC members during their cadet tenure may continue to wear the ribbon.
(1) Group Level. Basic ribbon and green shoulder cord.
(2) Wing Level. Basic ribbon with bronze star and red shoulder cord.
(3) Region Level. Basic ribbon with silver star and blue shoulder cord.
(4) National Level. Basic ribbon with gold star and gold shoulder cord.
(5) Only the highest level star earned will be worn on the ribbon

So, as usual, if you don't like what one directives states, just look around in the directives for something you do like.

Eclipse

Quote from: Lord of the North on February 21, 2017, 11:21:43 PM
So, as usual, if you don't like what one directives states, just look around in the directives for something you do like.

If only there was some readily available, simple to use system for sharing documents between subject matter experts
to insure there were no inconsistencies or contradictions...

"That Others May Zoom"

Lord of the North

kwe1009

Quote from: Eclipse on February 22, 2017, 12:00:23 AM
Quote from: Lord of the North on February 21, 2017, 11:21:43 PM

If only there was some readily available, simple to use system for sharing documents between subject matter experts
to insure there were no inconsistencies or contradictions...

Well in this case the easiest thing would be for all of the awards to just be in a single regulation instead of sprinkled over numerous regulations.  At least say "for award criteria refer to CAPR XX instead of duplicating verbage across multiple regulations and then forgetting to update all of the other documents that had the duplicate info.  But that probably makes too much sense...

Lord of the North

Agreed!!!  :clap: :clap:
What we have now is a direct result of each area, communications, cadet program, chaplains, etc., wanting to create a one-stop directive on all things about their programs. 

This has been building for years and I still don't see anything that says that will change and I've been watching for almost 50 years. 

MSG Mac

Hopefully when the Regulations are all updated and published (one of MG Vasquez's pet projects), all these problems will be solved.
Michael P. McEleney
Lt Col CAP
MSG USA (Retired)
50 Year Member

Lord of the North

Now where will the fun be in that?????? :-\ :( :-\ :(