Main Menu

Membership Record

Started by MC653, January 10, 2017, 03:27:51 AM

MC653

I recently became active in CAP again. I was a Cadet from 1996 to 2001. I was a senior member from 2005 to 2006. On eservices, it shows my start date at 25 October 1996 and no mention of a break in service. Are they crediting me for all that time? Sure seems like that...anyone have an answer?

lordmonar

No you are not credited with the breaks in service.

It just show you original join date.
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

Eclipse

Start dates are generally the furthest date back NHQ can find, however you'd only qualify
for service ribbons and related PD for years you could substantiate.

"That Others May Zoom"

SarDragon

As far as join dates go, there are two places in your online record where they appear.

If you click your name in the unit listing, the entry on the General tab should show your first joined date.

If you click Member Search Report, you will get your most recent join date.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

LATORRECA

MC653.

I left the cadet Corp in 1997, RE join in 2002-03 and RE join for the 2ndtime in 2008.  Hq lost my cadet record. Everything I work for has been lost. I started twice both time as senior member.
Your time only count when you are active member that's all. For the record I lost my 5 Years as cadet only memories. Just suck it up and move forward, do you time... you will not regret it.

Sent from my HTC Desire 530 using Tapatalk

Toad1168

Quote from: LATORRECA on January 10, 2017, 09:15:14 PM
MC653.

I left the cadet Corp in 1997, RE join in 2002-03 and RE join for the 2ndtime in 2008.  Hq lost my cadet record. Everything I work for has been lost. I started twice both time as senior member.
Your time only count when you are active member that's all. For the record I lost my 5 Years as cadet only memories. Just suck it up and move forward, do you time... you will not regret it.

Just a question, during your cadet time did you earn any milestone awards or attend any encampments?  Given the time you were a cadet, those should have made it into eServices.
Toad

GaryVC

I have some proof of my cadet time: old ID cards, Mitchell and Earhart award certificates and 2 encampment certificates. I sent all of these to NHQ and the encampments and awards (all from the 1960s) have made it into my online record. As far as NHQ is concerned (they have my membership starting when I originally became a senior member), I am not going to worry about my 5+ years as a cadet unless I make it to 50 years (age 86!). I have enough proof of my first period of membership for the red service ribbon and devices.

LATORRECA

Yes I did Mitchell. And was lost by my recruiter.