Sage Green Fleece Ranks are here!

Started by NineteenTen, January 05, 2017, 03:33:06 AM

NineteenTen

https://www.vanguardmil.com/collections/nco-insignia-and-cloth-insignia?page=4

Posted on vanguard's Facebook yesterday

"The CAP fleece rank is now available for purchase! The ranks for Maj, 2nd Lt, and Sr. Mbr. are on their way and will be added to the website when they arrive."

MHC5096

The images for these items that they show on the website are amazing! So crisp...so clear!  ;D
Mark H. Crary
Lt Col, CAP (1990-Present)
DDC-P, CGAUX (2011-Present)
MSgt, USAF (1995-2011)
QM2, USN (1989-1995)

ProdigalJim

Quote from: NineteenTen on January 05, 2017, 03:33:06 AM

"The CAP fleece rank is now available for purchase! The ranks for Maj, 2nd Lt, and Sr. Mbr. are on their way and will be added to the website when they arrive."

Unbelievable. Months late and now we have to wait even longer for anything with gold thread.
Jim Mathews, Lt. Col., CAP
VAWG/CV
My Mitchell Has Four Digits...

RogueLeader

They have the NCO one listed as available.  I wonder what is different about that than the SM/Cadet one.
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

Sapper168

Mine looks ok....

Ahem.. not Vangard.
Shane E Guernsey, TSgt, CAP
CAP Squadron ESO... "Who did what now?"
CAP Squadron NCO Advisor... "Where is the coffee located?"
US Army 12B... "Sappers Lead the Way!"
US Army Reserve 71L-f5... "Going Postal!"

foo

What's the insignia for "Sr. Mbr."? Something involving gold thread I assume...   >:D

Angus

Quote from: foo on January 05, 2017, 06:05:37 PM

What's the insignia for "Sr. Mbr."? Something involving gold thread I assume...   >:D

A donut and cup of Dunkin.
Maj. Richard J. Walsh, Jr.
Director Education & Training MAWG 
 Gill Robb Wilson #4030

NineteenTen

So for cadet officers do we just put the pin on ranks on the blanks for NCOs?

RogueLeader

Quote from: NineteenTen on January 05, 2017, 09:22:01 PM

A question that likely needs to be sent up the Chain as there is no answer that I've seen.

edited: disregard- I forgot to check the cadet side of vanguard for grade insignia.
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

kwe1009

VG sells the cadet officer rank for the fleece.  It is only in the new colors.  Cadet Airmen/NCOs will buy the blank patch and pin on their rank.

RogueLeader

Quote from: kwe1009 on January 05, 2017, 09:38:32 PM

VG sells the cadet officer rank for the fleece.  It is only in the new colors.  Cadet Airmen/NCOs will buy the blank patch and pin on their rank.

I stand corrected.  Of course it's only in the new colors, we can only wear the green fleece with the ABU's.
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

NineteenTen

Quote from: kwe1009 on January 05, 2017, 09:38:32 PM

Thanks

SilverEagle2

I just made my own from the extra I had left from a pair.
     Jason R. Hess, Col, CAP
Commander, Rocky Mountain Region

"People are not excellent because they achieve great things;
they achieve great things because they choose to be excellent."
Gerald G. Probst,
Beloved Grandfather, WWII B-24 Pilot, Successful Businessman

ProdigalJim

And in the better-late-than-never category...2nd Lt. and Major now available (guess gold thread was in short supply...)

So let's review: the ABU authorization is in staffing for more than a year; NHQ knows by February or so that it's likely to be greenlighted; the official announcement is in May; Vanguard appears to be caught by surprise and can't come up with the fleece grade squares until January 18. That's nine months after the announcement and nearly a year from knowing pretty definitively that it's going to happen.

Weak sauce, Vanguard, weak sauce.
Jim Mathews, Lt. Col., CAP
VAWG/CV
My Mitchell Has Four Digits...

Eclipse

^ Not to mention the quality & consistency issues in the insignia themselves, and the lack of images on the website still as of today.

"That Others May Zoom"

TheSkyHornet

My tailor did an outstanding job on getting my cloth sew-on patch converted into a Velcro patch. Unfortunately, I purchased the material to have my next insignia grade so I could have her get that prepped for me. It costs more than the Vanguard Velcro patches. So while I'm thrilled, that "months behind" aspect really peeves me. It is what it is, and I'm just blowing smoke.

As pointed out, the cadet ones aren't out there yet. Meanwhile, I was asked to see if I could have my tailor fix up a cadet's insignia for her fleece, after dad purchased the Velcro and the cloth insignia. Turns out it doesn't fit due to the sizing of the cloth patch.

To reiterated the statement two posts above, weak sauce, Vanguard. Weak sauce.