Main Menu

Getting Kicked Out Policy

Started by Inkstar125, December 29, 2016, 11:36:27 PM

Inkstar125

Hello,

A cadet in my Squadron was recently kicked out. Is he allowed to come back? And if so, then what is the policy for that?

Storm Chaser

It depends on the reason. Was a CAPF 2B completed? Was it for cause?

Eclipse

Quote from: Inkstar125 on December 29, 2016, 11:36:27 PM
A cadet in my Squadron was recently kicked out. Is he allowed to come back? And if so, then what is the policy for that?

There is no way the question can be answered in this forum, since it is impossible to know the details on the situation
and you should not provide them, even if you know them.

The procedures and policies regarding membership terminations and appeals can be found here:
http://www.capmembers.com/media/cms/R035_003_B74F5A60C44CF.pdf

"That Others May Zoom"

TheSkyHornet

To clarify a bit--- Yes, it is possible to come back. CAP may deny someone from a terminated membership on trying to rejoin. Now, if an actual termination was never conducted and the person was just asked to leave (never dropping off the roster until his membership expired), it's unlikely that anything would block him from being able to rejoin, especially with a different unit leadership in place.

As pointed out already, the circumstances of whatever happened are unknown to us on the forum here and will always be hearsay; we'll never get the real story. That said, if the cadet was "kicked out," even if allowed back, is he someone that really should be let back in, for the benefit of the unit? Someone being terminated for lack of activity is a bit different than someone terminated because of a behavioral issue. I have never once seen a cadet terminated because of behavior; I have, however, seen cadets who I feel should have been terminated due to behavior, but that's another topic. Our unit has terminated several individuals due to excessive inactivity, but our Wing has a process for handling that. We would welcome them back, most likely, if they decided to return since they left under reasonable conditions; they didn't do anything wrong, just stopped showing up. There are cadets that expressed an interest in transferring to our unit that our unit decided we would not accept the transfer due to known problems with those individuals.

If this is something that concerns you, refer to the regs, as Eclipse provided, or consult your higher chain of command. They would have paperwork on this at National if a CAPF 2B was used.