Main Menu

John Glenn

Started by THRAWN, December 08, 2016, 08:51:01 PM

Mitchell 1969

Quote from: SarDragon on December 20, 2016, 11:10:41 PM
Ignoring any possible sarcasm. Oswald got press because he was so bad, and Jerry got press because he did take an active role in being a good will ambassador for CAP. Glenn was/did neither.

I don't remember any active role for Jerry Lewis. That doesn't mean that there wasn't one, just that I can't remember one.

I've only seen...I think, three photos of Jerry Lewis in connection with CAP. Two of the photos were taken on the same day, same place, with a couple of cadets. In both photos, he is wearing a khaki shirt. One of the photos shows him standing behind a sign. The other one doesn't have the sign - revealing the absence of a belt and buckle. But, that doesn't matter - the trousers appear to be from a civilian suit.

Mitchell 1969; Earhart 1971; Eaker 1973. Cadet Flying Encampment, License, 1970. IACE New Zealand 1971; IACE Korea 1973.

CAP has been bery, bery good to me.

Eclipse

"That Others May Zoom"

Spaceman3750

I noticed a blurb about that. Why is he just now being buried? Did they prop him up by the jukebox?

Eclipse

Quote from: Spaceman3750 on April 06, 2017, 06:30:26 PM
I noticed a blurb about that. Why is he just now being buried? Did they prop him up by the jukebox?

http://www.heraldsun.com/news/nation-world/national/article143043569.html

"Though Glenn died Dec. 8 in Columbus, Ohio, his family asked for his burial to be scheduled
four months later on April 6, the 74th anniversary of his marriage to his high school sweetheart Annie."

"That Others May Zoom"

MSG Mac

Quote from: Spaceman3750 on April 06, 2017, 06:30:26 PM

according to the Arlington Cemetery web page, for a burial it can take from 3-6 months to schedule an interment. 
Michael P. McEleney
Lt Col CAP
MSG USA (Retired)
50 Year Member