Model Rocketry Help

Started by arajca, July 06, 2007, 02:44:14 PM

arajca

I am conducting a Model Rocketry class tomorrow, unfortunetely, my Saturn stage presentation was on a usb key that went through the laundry and has been wiped out. Does anyone here have a Saturn stage presentation I can use?

Thank you

Hobbsh1

Does the squadron or wing supply the materials for the rocketry program or do you have buy your own supplies?  Not that it is all that expensive from what I have seen, just curious.  Also does the SM that is leading the course have to be rated in model rocketry?? (sorry if that's a dumb question.)  If the SM does, how do they get their qualification, do they have to go to a squadron and go through a course or do they do self paced type thing?

Maj Dave "Hobbs" Hobgood
Group 1 PAWG

arajca

Usually, it's buy your own, but I managed to get a grant to cover part of the costs and we already had the Redstone supplies. Cadets and seniors had to buy two rockets to complete the requirements. I heartily encourage seniors to participate - even if just for the rockets and launching and not the tests.

There is no rating in model rocketry. In fact, for seniors there is no bling to indicate you've completed the program.

As the program coordinator/lead instructor, I developed my own materials, made sure everything on the tests were covered plus a little more. This program helps toward my AE senior and Master ratings.

Hobbsh1

Quote from: arajca on July 21, 2007, 03:36:18 AM
Usually, it's buy your own, but I managed to get a grant to cover part of the costs and we already had the Redstone supplies. Cadets and seniors had to buy two rockets to complete the requirements. I heartily encourage seniors to participate - even if just for the rockets and launching and not the tests.

There is no rating in model rocketry. In fact, for seniors there is no bling to indicate you've completed the program.

As the program coordinator/lead instructor, I developed my own materials, made sure everything on the tests were covered plus a little more. This program helps toward my AE senior and Master ratings.

What publications do you reference when your developing your own materials?  Also what steps or processes did you go through to get a grant?

Maj Dave "Hobbs" Hobgood
Group 1 PAWG

arajca

I used the CAP Rocketry manual and regulation. As ATO, I was legally able to check the materials I created to ensure all the test questions were covered.

Colorado has a CAP foundation that units and individuals can apply to for grants for CAP projects and scholarships.

Hobbsh1

Maj Dave "Hobbs" Hobgood
Group 1 PAWG