how fast to Curry

Started by spacecommand, February 22, 2012, 09:38:02 PM

spacecommand

I was curious, does anyone know of official statistics, what percentage of cadets get their first Achievement/Curry  within 30 days of joining CAP?

Extremepredjudice

I got mine in 2 weeks (of having my CAPID)...

I got my ACUT after being a member for 4 days.  8)

Well I took the class. Didn't get it in eservices for 4 months.
I love the moderators here. <3

Hanlon's Razor
Occam's Razor
"Flight make chant; I good leader"

titanII

Quote from: Extremepredjudice on February 22, 2012, 09:42:15 PM
I got my ACUT after being a member for 4 days.
............Do you mean BCUT?
No longer active on CAP talk

SarDragon

You certainly wouldn't be in any of my ROA classes if you were a member for only four days. Most folks that new barely know how to wear a uniform, much less know enough about what's going on in CAP to worry about operating a radio.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

Extremepredjudice

Quote from: SarDragon on February 23, 2012, 01:44:27 AM

You certainly wouldn't be in any of my ROA classes if you were a member for only four days. Most folks that new barely know how to wear a uniform, much less know enough about what's going on in CAP to worry about operating a radio.
I knew how to wear a uniform!

No titan, I mean an ACUT.
I love the moderators here. <3

Hanlon's Razor
Occam's Razor
"Flight make chant; I good leader"

SarDragon

I'm saying that a four day member doesn't have a sufficient grasp of the CAP big picture to be a qualified radio operator, regardless of passing an open book test.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

Cap'n

It took me two months... Though I did join right before the holidays, resulting in a lot of missed meetings.

titanII

Quote from: Extremepredjudice on February 23, 2012, 02:25:25 AM
....So you took BCUT after being a member for less than 4 days?

PHall

It's not a race folks. You will get your Curry when your Squadron Commander thinks you're ready since they're the one who has to sign the form/check the box on the computer.

Spaceman3750

Quote from: titanII on February 23, 2012, 05:32:19 PM
Quote from: Extremepredjudice on February 23, 2012, 02:25:25 AM
....So you took BCUT after being a member for less than 4 days?

Not all wings require BCUT first.

Eclipse

Quote from: spacecommand on February 22, 2012, 09:38:02 PM
I was curious, does anyone know of official statistics, what percentage of cadets get their first Achievement/Curry  within 30 days of joining CAP?

This information does not exist in a meaningful way.  In far too many cases the recording of the achievement is either delayed, or is dated on their
membership date.

"That Others May Zoom"

titanII

Quote from: Spaceman3750 on February 23, 2012, 05:51:21 PM
Not all wings require BCUT first.
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh
My bad, extremeprejudice   :D

lordmonar

Quote from: Eclipse on February 23, 2012, 05:58:16 PM
Quote from: spacecommand on February 22, 2012, 09:38:02 PM

This information does not exist in a meaningful way.  In far too many cases the recording of the achievement is either delayed, or is dated on their
membership date.
+1  Had a cadet in out Tango program for two months as NHQ processed his forms.  Promoted him the same meeting we saw his CAPID show up in the system.
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

spacecommand

Let me rephrase.

Not a matter of how fast it's possible (we've done new cadets to curry in one day training sessions when we have enough new cadets signed in), but we certainly can't do that every single week.

What do you think is a reasonable amount of time from when a member enters the system before being being promoted to their first Achievement.  Great start has it done in about 5 weeks; I'm thinking a reasonable amount of time is in the 45 day time zone which covers overlapping weeks if someone comes in mid-month or near the end of the month etc.

lordmonar

Quote from: spacecommand on February 23, 2012, 09:54:17 PM
Let me rephrase.

Not a matter of how fast it's possible (we've done new cadets to curry in one day training sessions when we have enough new cadets signed in), but we certainly can't do that every single week.

What do you think is a reasonable amount of time from when a member enters the system before being being promoted to their first Achievement.  Great start has it done in about 5 weeks; I'm thinking a reasonable amount of time is in the 45 day time zone which covers overlapping weeks if someone comes in mid-month or near the end of the month etc.
That is my experince.
given a typical situation 45-60 days is about normal.  Beyond 60 days and you need to look hard at what the issuses are.  Faster then that and you would have to think it was some out of normal situation (say an older cadet or one with ROTC experince).
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

PHall

Isn't the "Great Start" program a six week course?