"Citizens Serving Communities: Above and Beyond"

Started by RiverAux, April 28, 2008, 03:40:46 PM

RiverAux

For those who didn't like "More than Meets the Skies", here is our new motto according to the PAO update sent out by NHQ today. 
QuoteThis is our new compelling message, which complements the Air Force's new advertising campaign slogan "Above All." It replaces "More Than Meets the Skies," which was unveiled during the 2007 National Board meeting along with CAP's national public awareness plan. The new message "Citizens Serving Communities: Above and Beyond" provides longevity to CAP's public awareness initiative and avoids any potential trademark conflicts.

dwb

I can't keep track of our slogans anymore.  I just stick with Semper Vigilans.

RogueLeader

This sounds soo much better than pevious.

Way to go NHQ
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

Maj Ballard

I agree. It's not corny. It encompasses our missions in a way that's general but doesn't make you say 'huh?"

I like it.
L. Ballard, Major, CAP

jimmydeanno

I like this one better than "More than meets the skies."  However, new taglines and slogans don't do any good if they aren't used anywhere.

I hope the (an) actual advertising campaign follows this.

I'm not trying to sound cynical or negative, but new initiatives need to have an actual gameplan behind them and I hope that this one does - for the good of the organization.
If you have ten thousand regulations you destroy all respect for the law. - Winston Churchill

RiverAux

I suspect that More than Meets the Skies never really got played up because of the Transformer trademark issues and that this threw a major wrench in what they were trying to do. 

SARMedTech

"Corpsman Up!"

"...The distinct possibility of dying slow, cold and alone...but you also get the chance to save lives, and there is no greater calling in the world than that."

RiverAux

Uh, it is sort of a symbol....thats the point.

Maj Ballard

You aren't supposed to put "substance" in marketing taglines. They're intended to pique curiosity, not convey vital information.
L. Ballard, Major, CAP

SARMedTech

Quote from: RiverAux on April 28, 2008, 04:09:20 PM
Uh, it is sort of a symbol....thats the point.

"The few, the proud, the Marines" and "An Army of one" are symbols" this is a poor attempt at PR that someone at NHQ came up with the morning he had to deliver it when he forgot to do it the night before.
"Corpsman Up!"

"...The distinct possibility of dying slow, cold and alone...but you also get the chance to save lives, and there is no greater calling in the world than that."

SARMedTech

Quote from: Captain B on April 28, 2008, 04:11:37 PM
You aren't supposed to put "substance" in marketing taglines. They're intended to pique curiosity, not convey vital information.

Therein lies the problem with being part corporation and part military: the corporate part tends to get cutesy, as do most tag lines. And who said tags arent supposed to convey vital information.

I agree with just sticking with Semper Vigilans.
"Corpsman Up!"

dwb

Quote from: SARMedTech on April 28, 2008, 04:15:16 PMTherein lies the problem with being part corporation and part military

Um, you do realize that our parent service also likes to use cutesy tag lines?  As do the other military services.

RiverAux

Semper Vigilans -- yes, lets go after that large Latin-speaking demographic in the US.

Smithsonia

The problems with slogans... which have a broader implication than just taglines, is: Execution. It's not so much what you say it is how you execute, reinforce, drill the element into your public persona. For the life of me, I never understood the Army's:
"AN Army of One," campaign. I guess neither did the Army. To me it sounded like you were inferring that you worked to the level of some African tribal militia.

On the other hand: "The Few, The Proud, The Marines" has been embellished, polished, loved, and spit shined for many many years... through great execution. For the PAO guys... watch the Marines... follow the Marines. Now that's great execution. Trust me I've been doing this slogan thing as a professional advertising guy for 40 years. It's execution and stability that makes a great slogan LIVE! Good slogans need good execution!
With regards;
1Lt. Ed O'Brien
CO/WG Heritage Project Coordinator
Black Sheep Squadron, Denver
With regards;
ED OBRIEN

JayT

I'd much prefer 'America's Hometown Air Force.'
"Eagerness and thrill seeking in others' misery is psychologically corrosive, and is also rampant in EMS. It's a natural danger of the job. It will be something to keep under control, something to fight against."

RogueLeader

Quote from: JThemann on April 28, 2008, 05:51:44 PM
I'd much prefer 'America's Hometown Air Force.'

So would I, but it is really not that bad.
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

JC004

RiverAux

Its a little bland and hometown air force would be ideal if we could steal it back, but my great mind hasn't been able to come up with anything better than NHQ either.

RiverAux

Wow, this is some quick mocking --- http://swivelch[bannedurl]/  ;D

davidsinn

So that's where Tedda has been all afternoon.
Former CAP Captain
David Sinn