Main Menu

Gas Cards

Started by Flying Pig, November 07, 2009, 06:38:44 PM

Flying Pig

Has there ever been any talk of providing CAP aircraft with an issued gas card vs. members paying and waiting to be reimbursed for Missions?  Or, like the Sq. Credit card, issuing an aircraft gas card to the Sq. Commander of the units who maintain CAP aircraft?

Flying Pig

No Robert, they havnt, but thats a DARN good idea!!! ;D

Nolan Teel

All the A/C in TXWG have Gas cards on them...

Flying Pig

So in TX, when you guys do a mission does the member use the aircraft gas card then?  In CAWG we use our own money/credit cards and get reimbursed later. Why dont we do that in CA?

jimmydeanno

We have fuel cards for the aircraft here.  Before that, IIRC, we had an arrangement with the FBOs the planes were stationed at to bill the wing for the fuel expenses.

I can't think of any of our members waiting for reimbursement for fuel on aircraft.  Now, each unit with a van has a fleet gas card.  The only trick there is having to find a Shell...
If you have ten thousand regulations you destroy all respect for the law. - Winston Churchill

Flying Pig

OK...So CAWG, why arent we doing this?

RiverAux

My wing also has gas cards.  Frankly, I can't believe that this is not mandated by national as it would seem to allow for better tracking of what is going on than waiting for 108s to be submitted from the field.  Much easier on members too. 

It seems to be a wing by wing decision though.

arajca

Colorado has state issued cards for vans (and I believe aircraft, but I'm not sure). AWESOME PROGRAM! You can fill up at any gas station that takes credit cards. Units still reimburse for fuel, but they reimburse the wing for unit usage instead of the member. beginning of the month, the unit submits a check request payable to wing for the amount on the reciepts attached to the form.

scooter

CO uses Multi Serve Cards for aircraft. Not all FBO's will take them since they require a signature. Self serve is the biggest problem for us. In that case, Pilot uses personal card and files for reimbursement. Works well 90% of the time.

dhon27

NJ Wing also has fuel cards for both aircraft and vans. 

bosshawk

Rob: CAWG started negotiating for gas cards for each aircraft during the reign of Jesse Muniz as CC.  When he got fired, the Wing made a couple of half-hearted attempts at getting cards.  When it got complicated, the effort seemed to go away: never to be pursued again.  The only times that Wing credit cards get used for fuel is on CD missions and not on all of those.

There are no real, valid reasons why we don't have cards: just lack of effort on the part of the Wing mafia.
Paul M. Reed
Col, USA(ret)
Former CAP Lt Col
Wilson #2777

a2capt

CAWG actually got gas cards for the aircraft ... about that time, too.

Perhaps singly pushed through by someone. But... how many places can you get BP in CA?

Bingo. They didn't get issued.

The most common, period, is Chevron and then AVFuel.

bosshawk

a2: I seem to recall that you are correct, but not all of the aircraft got them: I know the ones that I fly didn't.  Don;t know about your part of the woods, but BP is quite common up this way.  In fact, they are pushing Chevron out of the area.  At any rate, they don't exist now and there are no signs that anyone in Wing is interested in seeking new ones.
Paul M. Reed
Col, USA(ret)
Former CAP Lt Col
Wilson #2777

SarDragon

Quote from: a2capt on November 08, 2009, 01:37:32 AM
CAWG actually got gas cards for the aircraft ... about that time, too.

Perhaps singly pushed through by someone. But... how many places can you get BP in CA?

Bingo. They didn't get issued.

The most common, period, is Chevron and then AVFuel.

Seventy-eight, including SDM, SAN, MYF, SEE, and RNM.

Entire list available here.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

argentip

MIWG also has credit cards issued to all a/c and vehicles.  They are BP Fleet Cards but can be used at any company's pump.  The Wing just gets money back if they are used at a BP, I guess, though, so they encourage that.

These cards require each potential user to get a PIN number to use the card and enter that at the pump (if available).  The cards can only be used on reimbursable missions, with the receipt and associated form (108 or 173-3) forwarded to Wing for payment on the card.
Phil Argenti, Col, CAP
GLR-IN-001

a2capt

Quote from: SarDragon
Seventy-eight, including SDM, SAN, MYF, SEE, and RNM.

Entire list available here.

corrected, sort of. ;-) I should have noted, at the time this all went down. BP has since moved in and is a lot more visible. They've taken over a lot of Chevron bannered operations.

Of course, the same truck delivers all the fuel to KCRQ's different brands... ;-)

The BP card at any pump is probably something new, too- or perhaps on the type of account. Because at one time, when BP came to KCRQ we did look into it for getting cards for each aircraft (in the operation I was working with at the time) - and they were good at BP labeled operations only according to the terms on the application.

Because in further recollection I do remember thinking .. "wow, they could actually use those gas cards now, there's BP available in quite a few places" (but if it's not available at the aircrafts base, it's pointless) - though they did indicate during the transitional wing CC period that the cards were "sent back" because they were not usable.

FW

NHQ has provided MultiService Cards for the GA8s' however, they are only used for AFA missions.  Wings that can afford to pay aircraft fuel costs "upfront" have issued cards to aircraft.  Now that mission training funds have been drasticly cut, I think it may be possible for significant changes to the practice.

DG

Quote from: FW on November 08, 2009, 03:43:48 AM
NHQ has provided MultiService Cards for the GA8s' however, they are only used for AFA missions. 

Colonel,

Is it permitted to use the GA-8 multiservice card on AFA missions?

Or is it limited to National missions assigned by the NOC?

Eclipse

My wing has them, too.  No biggie, been doing it for years.

"That Others May Zoom"

FW

Quote from: DG on November 08, 2009, 01:28:03 PM
Quote from: FW on November 08, 2009, 03:43:48 AM
NHQ has provided MultiService Cards for the GA8s' however, they are only used for AFA missions. 

Colonel,

Is it permitted to use the GA-8 multiservice card on AFA missions?

Or is it limited to National missions assigned by the NOC?

Yes, thank you for being more specific.... :-* ;D