All right, which one of us was responsible for this

Started by MikeD, August 27, 2009, 06:50:44 AM

DBlair

Quote from: JohnKachenmeister on September 13, 2009, 08:29:09 PM
As far as the school officials go, I am sure they will get over this momentary distraction in their program of indoctrinating America's youth with left-wing ideology, and eventually use it as an object lesson as to why "Freedom" is a bad thing and should be controlled by the government.

*applause*
DANIEL BLAIR, Lt Col, CAP
C/Lt Col (Ret) (1990s Era)
Wing Staff / Legislative Squadron Commander

flyguy06

Jack, you actually looked up the law? Why? What purpose did it serve you?

Ok. I have NO idea how this thread went from a helicopter pilot landed on school property to an attack on left wing people. I have no idea whatsoever but since you guys opened the can of worms........

Again, You brought this up. I didnt I was just commenting on the helicopter pilot flying his son to school.

DBlair

*** looking around confused ***

Did I miss something? You seem very upset about the political comments made. Considering how the country (left and right wing) has been especially vocal in recent months, I didn't think it was unexpected or out of line for someone to make a comment and for another member to agree. I don't think it would have extended beyond merely a single comment-response, and thus not really derail the discussion thread. Thus, I'm confused about what is warranting a can of worms to be opened, and what this can contains.
DANIEL BLAIR, Lt Col, CAP
C/Lt Col (Ret) (1990s Era)
Wing Staff / Legislative Squadron Commander

Major Carrales

I have worked at a school for some 12 year now.  If a person walks on to campus...they can be considered trespassing.  There would then be questions asked and a "reasonable" query.  If it was a new to campus parent that didn't know he had to get a visitor's pass, all is well.

If a parent, however, for example, walked on campus and goes to a teacher's classroom while they are teaching and disrupts the class...in our area that is a citation.  Be they parents or not.

Also, walking into the building for no reason will get a person arrested.

If a chopper landed at our school before school and dropped someone off, I don't see much of an issue.  Only if a group of students gathered around the chopper citing safety issues or is someone was actually hurt.  If it happened when classes had already started and students left their desks to look out the window...oh, that would be bad.

"We have been given the power to change CAP, let's keep the momentum going!"

Major Joe Ely "Sparky" Carrales, CAP
Commander
Coastal Bend Cadet Squadron
SWR-TX-454

aveighter

Quote from: flyguy06 on September 14, 2009, 12:28:36 AM

Ok. I have NO idea how this thread went from a helicopter pilot landed on school property to an attack on left wing people. I have no idea whatsoever but since you guys opened the can of worms........

Again, You brought this up. I didnt I was just commenting on the helicopter pilot flying his son to school.

I'll lay odds he looked it up to see what it actually said.  You know, kinda like some of us actually read thousand page bills to see what they actually say.  Rather than the useful idiots, elected officials who vote aye while knowing extremely little about the contents simply because the local commissar , dear leader, acorn organizer, party boss er, whatever, said so.

Gunner C

flyguy06

Quote from: aveighter on September 14, 2009, 02:58:34 AM
Quote from: flyguy06 on September 14, 2009, 12:28:36 AM

I'll lay odds he looked it up to see what it actually said.  You know, kinda like some of us actually read thousand page bills to see what they actually say.  Rather than the useful idiots, elected officials who vote aye while knowing extremely little about the contents simply because the local commissar , dear leader, acorn organizer, party boss er, whatever, said so.

yeah. I hear ya. Some of us dont have time. We have to work to support our families. The few spare momnets in the day we do have, we volunteer to try and make a difference in our communities. As much as I wish I had the idle time to read through pages and pages of laws and books, I just dont have that kind of time.  It serves me no purpose tolook up a law of wheather you can or cannot land an aircraft on public property. I have more important things in my life going on. Like paying bills and eating.

aveighter

Quote from: flyguy06 on September 17, 2009, 12:16:26 AM

yeah. I hear ya. Some of us dont have time. We have to work to support our families. The few spare momnets in the day we do have, we volunteer to try and make a difference in our communities. As much as I wish I had the idle time to read through pages and pages of laws and books, I just dont have that kind of time.  It serves me no purpose tolook up a law of wheather you can or cannot land an aircraft on public property. I have more important things in my life going on. Like paying bills and eating.

Fortunately for you there are a few of us who make the time to become knowledgeable about such things.  We understand the hard work that is required to remain citizens rather than to become subjects.

We also have learned to poke the spell check button which has been graciously provided for us.  Much like a government program except with no downside.

Fifinella

Quote from: aveighter on August 29, 2009, 01:01:47 AM
Good Heavens, you girls will wail and cry about anything!  Real men would say "yeah baby!! way to go dude!" 

Some of us resent the aspersion that whiners = girls. 
Judy LaValley, Maj, CAP
Asst. DCP, LAWG
SWR-LA-001
GRW #2753

Gunner C

You're right.  Flyguy06 has removed any doubt that may be out there.  I don't hear a lot of "girls" whining like that.  I have two girls and a wife - I'm probably the only one who whines. ;D

hatentx

Wow such an interesting a multi laned topic with name calling and all.  If it wasn't illegal than what is the issue.  I honestly had no clue if he could land there or not.  I had my ideas however.  Thanks for the good information.  I am looking forward to the National Defense topics I should be reading in the future.  I like those as well.