Light Attack Fighters

Started by Wild Weasel, March 03, 2012, 04:34:10 PM

PHall

Quote from: Flying Pig on March 04, 2012, 05:08:19 PM
Quote from: bosshawk on March 04, 2012, 03:53:40 AM
This thread is pretty much moot: the contract with Embraer has been cancelled.

Now we go back to a complete re-bid for the aircraft.  Apparently, the AF has egg on its face.

Outstanding!  I hadnt heard that.  Im getting pretty tired of the US military buying foreign weapons!  Euro-crapters, Embrarers......

Now, I know everything in the Hawker probably says "Made in China".....but still!

I suggest you don't look too hard at Cessnas or Beechcrafts then. Lot of parts in there, especially avionics, that "weren't built here".
It's a global market in aviation these days.

coudano

Quote from: davidsinn on March 04, 2012, 03:58:34 AM
Quote from: bosshawk on March 04, 2012, 03:53:40 AM
Apparently, the AF has egg on its face.

Again. You'd think they would have learned the last dozen times they bid something.

The system itself is broken.
That's not going to fix itself just because you started over, or bid on something new.

Thrashed

Save the triangle thingy

Wild Weasel

"If we maintain our faith in God, love of freedom, and superior global air power, the future looks good." — General Curtis Lemay

Flying Pig

The United States built the SR71, U2, B29, B17, F14,15,16,18,22,35 the A10 and the ancestor to this newest idea, the P47, A1 and probably the most feared of aircraft in the current war, the A10. I have no doubt we can make the T6 work without looking to a South American country with ties to Iran.   I dont care
if they are "allowing" us to put them together in Florida. We are still buying weapons from a foreign country.  Nor do I care what some blogger thinks whos flown on a Brasilia a few times.  God forbid we perfect the T6 and sell it to other nations vs giving Brazil almost $1B.  We are already going out of our way to buy oil from them vs drilling our own. 

lordmonar

PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

lordmonar

Quote from: Flying Pig on March 04, 2012, 10:46:04 PM
The United States built the SR71, U2, B29, B17, F14,15,16,18,22,35 the A10 and the ancestor to this newest idea, the P47, A1 and probably the most feared of aircraft in the current war, the A10. I have no doubt we can make the T6 work without looking to a South American country with ties to Iran.   I dont care
if they are "allowing" us to put them together in Florida. We are still buying weapons from a foreign country.  Nor do I care what some blogger thinks whos flown on a Brasilia a few times.  God forbid we perfect the T6 and sell it to other nations vs giving Brazil almost $1B.  We are already going out of our way to buy oil from them vs drilling our own.
Your lament is understandable......but what is really the problem......Forgein companies make better and cheap stuff!

PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

Thrashed

Quote from: Flying Pig on March 04, 2012, 10:46:04 PM

90% of the A29 was USA made parts, that's more than any plane made in the USA. Just ask Boeing.

Save the triangle thingy

Flying Pig

Then lets just build the other 10% ourselves and be done with out Iranian sympathizers!

Ground_pounder82

The Iraqi and AFG airforces proudly fly the Cessna Caravans.  Some are equipped for ISR (w/hellfires) and others for light transport.  I cannot tell you how many Beechcraft King Air's and Pilatus (sp?) PC-12's I have seen in AFG, but its alot.  And the tag says made in Witchta KS.  The U.S. GA industry is doing a hell of lot better than any other country.  Lets export this kind of stuff, and keep the high performance jets and technology for ourselves.  These arab pilots can barely handle GA aircraft, F-35's are clearly out of the question. But I am all for helping them, I am tired of being in this part of the world.