Cadet Officers Lightweight Blue Jacket

Started by i_am_a_politician, October 18, 2018, 03:38:40 AM

i_am_a_politician

Hi all,

I was reading through the CAPM 39-1 and I noticed that there is no regulation on the placement on the Lightweight Blue Jacket for Cadet Officers, just on the epaulet.  Do I just eyeball the insignia placement on it and make it similar to the photos? Or have I missed something?
1st Lt Politician

Eclipse

"That Others May Zoom"

i_am_a_politician

Quote from: Eclipse on October 18, 2018, 03:58:28 AM
Proper wear is indicated on page 78 of 39-1:
https://www.gocivilairpatrol.com/media/cms/M391_E6F33EAAEC28A.pdf

Yes, I understand.  But I wanted to know how many inches from the seam I would place it.  That only tells me where to put it.  Not exactly where.
1st Lt Politician

ßτε

i_am_a_politician

Quote from: ßτε on October 18, 2018, 04:01:20 AM
Also look at page 131.

Page 131 only has a picture of where to place it but does not specify any measurements.

1st Lt Politician

Eclipse

Quote from: lam_the_lame on October 18, 2018, 04:00:43 AM
Yes, I understand.  But I wanted to know how many inches from the seam I would place it.  That only tells me where to put it.  Not exactly where.

That's all yer' gittin'!

"That Others May Zoom"

ßτε

Quote from: lam_the_lame on October 18, 2018, 04:09:14 AM
Quote from: ßτε on October 18, 2018, 04:01:20 AM
Also look at page 131.

Page 131 only has a picture of where to place it but does not specify any measurements.

It looks like they took out the specific measurements. Just make it look like page 131.

I_Am_Twigs

I just put them on 5/8" from the seam, they do it in the Air Force, so makes sense to do it here.

Quote6.1.5.1.1.1. Officer Rank Insignia. Officers will center regular size rank insignia
⅝ inch from end of the epaulet and parallel with the sleeve seam, when
applicable.
C/Maj, CAP
"Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen." --Winston Churchill