official "I'm here!" thread.

Started by whatevah, March 24, 2005, 04:52:08 AM

Struts

Quote from: Fluid Ashes on May 25, 2012, 06:18:25 PM
Hello all, I'm here, I look forward to seeing all of you around. Eagle and Aim for the Sky, I also just received my Mitchell! Congrats to both of you!

Hey welcome to CAPTalk Sir!

Extremepredjudice

Quote from: Eclipse on May 25, 2012, 06:33:08 PM
He's also not a believer in Title 17?
I was just wondering... He might not know freebooter means pirate.

(We are talking about USC : TITLE 17 - COPYRIGHTS, right?)
I love the moderators here. <3

Hanlon's Razor
Occam's Razor
"Flight make chant; I good leader"

Eclipse

Yes - the one that is supposed to be there for more then just keeping 16 from slamming into 18...

"That Others May Zoom"

Sgt. Fischer

Quote from: Fluid Ashes on May 25, 2012, 06:18:25 PM
Hello all, I'm here, I look forward to seeing all of you around. Eagle and Aim for the Sky, I also just received my Mitchell! Congrats to both of you!

Welcome to CAPTalk, sir! And, congrats on getting your Mitchel!

Stay Alert!
Stay Alive!
CAP Safety!

Spaceman3750

RogueLeader

Quote from: Extremepredjudice on May 25, 2012, 06:30:26 PM
You have your unit listed as 'freebooter.'

Why?  ???

He won't be answering as he's already been suspended.
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

Extremepredjudice

10 bucks says he was that at sign guy.
I love the moderators here. <3

Hanlon's Razor
Occam's Razor
"Flight make chant; I good leader"

a2capt

I'll up the anti, $11 ... trying to throw off the trail..

BillB

How do you get suspended after only one post?
Gil Robb Wilson # 19
Gil Robb Wilson # 104

Stonewall

Quote from: Danger on May 13, 2012, 03:10:50 PM
Precisely. C/A1C . Promoting as fast as I can. I'm really CAP motivated!

Gear down big shifter.  Promoting through the ranks is ultimately the goal of most cadets, but don't forget to sit back and enjoy the ride.  More importantly, take the time to learn your role and take in the lesson you can learn from each level.  Sure, there's a 2 month minimum between ranks, but that doesn't mean you have to rocket through the ranks.

One of the best things that happened to me and my fellow cadets 20+ years ago was when our testing officer, who had to take the testing box home (no permanent facility) got a no-notice call out to Desert Shield in 1990.  There was no access to testing for more than 6 months.  We actually had time to be CAP cadets and not worry about who was going to be the next NCO or Mitchell Cadet.  It was a blessing in disguise.
Serving since 1987.

Flying Pig

When I first started flying, I flew with a guy at work who was over 25,000.  I made the comment that I couldnt wait until I had that many.   He made the true statement that it was getting  there that was all the fun.  At the writing of this post, he was 2 1/2 weeks left to retire after 44 years as a cop.  40 of that flying.  Said he do it all over again in a second and would enjoy every hour on the second go around even more than the first.

So like Stonewall says ,enjoy your trip up the food chain

Callahan

Hello! Two of my kids have recently joined the CAP cadet program, and they are already gaining confidence and pride in themselves from the work that they're putting into it. This is a really great organization for kids!

My husband and I want to support our children's squadron by becoming senior members ourselves. We don't want to just take, but also contribute. He's an aerospace engineer, so aerospace education is obvious. Aside from that, the area in which our squadron could most use my help would be in logistics. Fortunately that's a field I'm experience with.

So, I'm here to start learning about the equipment. I have a few questions. What is needed, and what is not? Is there some sort of catalog system with item numbers that I can reference?  We have a storage room full of equipment that hasn't been touched in awhile, what is the best way to figure out the correct names (and preferably item numbers) for the stuff? Well, you get the idea.

Thanks for having this awesome forum here, I'm looking forward to digging in!
Christy C. Callahan
Cadet Mom
Ellington Composite Squadron

Struts

Quote from: Callahan on May 26, 2012, 02:56:19 PM
Hello! Two of my kids have recently joined the CAP cadet program, and they are already gaining confidence and pride in themselves from the work that they're putting into it. This is a really great organization for kids!

My husband and I want to support our children's squadron by becoming senior members ourselves. We don't want to just take, but also contribute. He's an aerospace engineer, so aerospace education is obvious. Aside from that, the area in which our squadron could most use my help would be in logistics. Fortunately that's a field I'm experience with.

So, I'm here to start learning about the equipment. I have a few questions. What is needed, and what is not? Is there some sort of catalog system with item numbers that I can reference?  We have a storage room full of equipment that hasn't been touched in awhile, what is the best way to figure out the correct names (and preferably item numbers) for the stuff? Well, you get the idea.

Thanks for having this awesome forum here, I'm looking forward to digging in!
Welcome to CAPTalk Ma'am. Hope your family enjoys themselves in CAP.

manfredvonrichthofen

Mrs Callahan,

If you are interested in what you cadets will be doing, and what they need, I congratulate you. It is really nice to see parents involved in what their kids are doing. As a father of four, I can't wait for them to join, my seven year old cannot wait.

I would look at the GTM Task book (Ground Team Member).
http://www.nesa.cap.gov/curriculum_material/gsar/g&udftg.pdf
It gives a lot of info, and even has the required gear for emergency services.
That is the biggest list of equipment any CAP member needs as a cadet. But feel free to add to it as you find new things that you think would help.

The biggest thing though, is to not think that ES is all there is to CAP. There is plenty more.

Callahan

Thanks for this link, it has some very good information!

I'm also planning to inventory the library and AE resources.
Christy C. Callahan
Cadet Mom
Ellington Composite Squadron

manfredvonrichthofen

Quote from: Callahan on May 26, 2012, 05:40:00 PM
Thanks for this link, it has some very good information!

I'm also planning to inventory the library and AE resources.
Also, pound around on the national member website,
Www.members.gocivilairpatrol.com
There you can find all manuals and regulations. The best part, you can even get to every leadership and aerospace manual. It is pretty cool that they have put those up now.

The_Cashier

From Washington, pushing on to get into the Squadron in Marysville, or Painefield, mainly Marysville. I go to the my first meeting to get to know the squadron next thursday.

I am a frequent volunteer for Habitat for Humanity, and I wish to add more to my plate and better my life.

Struts

Quote from: The_Cashier on June 01, 2012, 05:59:39 AM
From Washington, pushing on to get into the Squadron in Marysville, or Painefield, mainly Marysville. I go to the my first meeting to get to know the squadron next thursday.

I am a frequent volunteer for Habitat for Humanity, and I wish to add more to my plate and better my life.

Welcome! Cadet or senior?

Sgt. Fischer

Welcome to CAPTalk! Um, just so I know how to address you, what is your rank?

Stay Alert!
Stay Alive!
CAP Safety!

Cap'n

Quote from: Sgt. Fischer on June 01, 2012, 01:44:52 PM

Welcome to CAPTalk! Um, just so I know how to address you, what is your rank?

He would be a SM. It says on his profile that he is 22.