The most time and soul-requirements at the squadron level

Started by RiverAux, July 16, 2021, 11:34:22 PM

RiverAux

Have to say that I'm a little disappointed with the lack of input to this question considering how much griping goes on about the administrative burden of CAP. 

Holding Pattern

Quote from: RiverAux on July 29, 2021, 12:21:32 PMHave to say that I'm a little disappointed with the lack of input to this question considering how much griping goes on about the administrative burden of CAP.

I'll be honest, the finance committee roundup was for me at the national level one of the worst followed by the safety briefing nagging (though that too is driven by Wing trying to make their numbers "look good" through early reporting rather than statutory reporting as defined in regs). The SUIs, while annoying (primarily because most of the data was in e-services) has been dramatically cut back over the last two cycles.

Inventory checks are just a chore rather than soul-sucking thanks to the miracle of the digital camera on every smartphone.

Our aircraft isn't "our" aircraft listed in e-services so I can't speak to how that situation may change things for squadrons that do have it linked to their squadron and my pilots were always pretty good (sometimes too good) at keeping that paperwork tiger away from me.

Most of the ballooning paperwork inflicted upon us beyond these things were from the Wing level.