Main Menu

PAO Specialty Track

Started by Stonewall, December 20, 2018, 02:36:35 PM

Stonewall

Quote from: CAPP 201Produce four news releases, two of which must contain photos taken by the PAO; have them approved by the unit commander and document distribution to the media. Two of these releases will be sent to NHQ/PA for possible inclusion on VolunteerNow by using the NHQ submission template.

As a former Squadron Commander and Deputy Commander for Cadets, by default I have worked in the public affairs role on dozens of occasions. On two occasions, I worked directly with members of NHQ's PA staff that published articles in Volunteer magazine.  I have written at least 10 articles about CAP (events, people, accomplishments) and still have most of them.  All of this was BEFORE I was recently assigned as the squadron PAO.

Should any of my previous work count towards the requirements for achieving the Technician rating in the PAO specialty track?

Asking for a friend. Kidding. Just curious of your thoughts on this.
Serving since 1987.

Luis R. Ramos

Squadron Safety Officer
Squadron Communication Officer
Squadron Emergency Services Officer

Eclipse

I would say yes it should count, unless the requirement specifies otherwise (there's some ratings that have service
or other tasks that specify "after attaining, etc.).

"That Others May Zoom"

NIN

Of course, I think one of the requirements might be to use a dictionary to spell "specialty"

Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

Stonewall

Quote from: NIN on December 20, 2018, 03:27:41 PM
Of course, I think one of the requirements might be to use a dictionary to spell "specialty"

Hey man, I thought I did pretty good for being on my iPhone and not having my glasses.
Serving since 1987.

NIN

Quote from: Stonewall on December 20, 2018, 03:31:19 PM
Quote from: NIN on December 20, 2018, 03:27:41 PM

Hey man, I thought I did pretty good for being on my iPhone and not having my glasses.

Double PAO fail...
Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

CAP9907

Looks like a lot will depend on your OJT mentor and the Unit CC.. if you have done and still can do the tasks, they probably should count (P-201 doesn't say when the tasks need to be completed, just that they are).
21 yrs of service

Our Members Code of Conduct can be found here:   http://captalk.net/index.php?topic=13.0

OldGuy

Quote from: CAP9907 on December 20, 2018, 09:13:28 PM
Looks like a lot will depend on your OJT mentor and the Unit CC.. if you have done and still can do the tasks, they probably should count (P-201 doesn't say when the tasks need to be completed, just that they are).
Agreed, although I chose to redo almost all (I have been PAO/PIO in both CAP and private sector off and on again for over 40 years) as I wanted to discover what has changed - and boy did I!