Main Menu

The Big Names

Started by Yoda, February 13, 2005, 08:58:36 PM

Yoda

I was talking to Lt. Kieloch recently, and we got on the subject of the higher-ups in CAP and how it would be nice if they would pop in to either this forum or CS.  Do you think that they just look at the boards but don't post?  Or do you think they are not even very aware that they exist?  It would be pretty cool to have a Region CC or *gasp* the National CC show up and post.  Do you think it'll ever happen?

whatevah

the SER CC posts occasionally on cadetstuff, and some of the NHQ staffers look occasionally (usually after some wing staffer gets annoyed about something and complains. hehe)
Jerry Horn
CAPTalk Co-Admin

Greg

I ate dinner with Col Greenhut at NCGC, and he's an amazingly cool and laid back guy.  I mean, he was cracking jokes right and left.  At the beginning of the awards ceremony, the MC recognized all the VIP's in the room, and that took like, a half hour.  After they moved on, he said "I was beginning to wonder if they were going to ask the kitchen staff to stand up."  Anyway, the point being, I think Col Greenhut would definitely be the kind of guy that would post occasionally on either here or CadetStuff.  I'm not sure if he knows about CS or not, but it really would be awesome if he dropped in sometimes.
C/Maj Greg(ory) Boyajian, CAP
Air Victory Museum Composite Squadron

CAPSGT

NHQ staffers do infact drop in on CS and typically lurk.  I've heard that they do post as well from time to time, but conceal their identity.

I remember a time when the former National IG, and the National Chief of Staff posted a couple messages on CS as well.

It is nice to have them drop in once in a while, but it very well may be better to have them lurk.  If everyone knows they are around they are less likely to express their true feelings about certain topics.  If the powers that be see a huge energetic response on these forums without interjecting themselves, they can get a better feel for what the members in the field truly think.
MICHAEL A. CROCKETT, Lt Col, CAP
Assistant Communications Officer, Wicomico Composite Squadron

Yoda

I actually thought the reason they might not more had to do with the fact that if people knew they were there, they might start skipping their chain of command and trying to get ahold of the bigwigs directly. 

Schmidty06

But it IS a good thing that they do lurk.  I'm sure that it has kept some pretty zainy ideas that would have come straight from the top in check.

Ghetto_Smurf

Ah. I am pretty sure there is a regioncommander in CS
but it'll be nice if they start coming around here

dwb

I don't think they would post here, and honestly, I think it would have a chilling effect on the discussion if they did.

That said, a while back, CAPboard had the folks in the National CP office do a Q&A, where CAPboard members could ask questions and get responses.  That was neat, and since this is a CAP web site, it might be appropriate to sign some people up to do those kinds of things once this place gets a little name recognition.

You could have OPRs for key regulations, some of the folks that do ES curriculum, the CP shop, Aerospace, NEC members, etc.  I'd tune in to see that.

Hogan

Quote from: Ghetto_Smurf on February 15, 2005, 08:34:13 PM

Yes, the SER CC, Col Sharkie is on CS.

MIKE

Quote from: Hogan on February 16, 2005, 05:47:55 PM
Quote from: Ghetto_Smurf on February 15, 2005, 08:34:13 PM

Yes, the SER CC, Col Sharkie is on CS.

That's Sharkey.
Mike Johnston

Jordan

I kinda like the fact that they don't post.  I can do without the "Would you like to know who you just said that too?" e-mails.  Lol.

Plus, I mean, I doubt they really care what happens on a squadron level or anything - they probably know that all squadrons have their problems.

Major_Chuck

I think not knowing that they are here and having a free forum to discuss ideas, problems, and solutions is better than knowing that someone up the food chain was posting and possibly discouraging opinions.
Chuck Cranford
SGT, TNCO VA OCS
Virginia Army National Guard

Da Big Daddy K

Quote from: Greg on February 14, 2005, 01:49:10 PM
I ate dinner with Col Greenhut at NCGC, and he's an amazingly cool and laid back guy.  I mean, he was cracking jokes right and left.  At the beginning of the awards ceremony, the MC recognized all the VIP's in the room, and that took like, a half hour.  After they moved on, he said "I was beginning to wonder if they were going to ask the kitchen staff to stand up."  Anyway, the point being, I think Col Greenhut would definitely be the kind of guy that would post occasionally on either here or CadetStuff.  I'm not sure if he knows about CS or not, but it really would be awesome if he dropped in sometimes.

LOOK you do have higher ups posting here. You have Boyajian, Fenner, Dew CoatEe, Magda and all the other seniors and whatevah posting and that my fine cadets and seniors are what makes CAP move and shake...
BOHICA
The most one learns in the military is when one has no rank or responsibility so one can concentrate on learning

flying Raptor

So someone from NHQ, even the National CC could be one of us in this very topic??!?!  :o :o :o :o
c/CMSgt. Daniel Rufener
NER-PA-310
Honor Guard Commander
Raven Honor Guard

Teamwork is essential; it gives the enemy other people to shoot at.
A clean (and dry) set of BDU's is a magnet for mud and rain.
If it's stupid but it works, it isn't stupid. -Murphy's laws

Greg

Quote from: flying Raptor on May 08, 2005, 01:21:48 AM
So someone from NHQ, even the National CC could be one of us in this very topic??!?!  :o :o :o :o

I confess!  It's me, I'm the CAP/CC.  You can all bow and kiss my feet now....
C/Maj Greg(ory) Boyajian, CAP
Air Victory Museum Composite Squadron

Schmidty06

I beg to differ, *I* am the National CC!

(Will the real CAP/CC please stand up? please stand up? please stand up?)

Skyray

You guys should be aware that the heavy hitters are here with bells on, including some you wouldn't suspect.  A while back on the CAP race car thread (so long ago I don't even remember it clearly) I used the acronym YMMV.  Shortly thereafter I got an interrogative from the Seventh District Coast Guard Director of Auxiliary asking what the acronym meant.  He is a very heavy hitter, sort of like if the Air Force had active duty guys riding herd on our Region CC.
Doug Johnson - Miami

Always Active-Sometimes a Member

flying Raptor

What does that mean(YMMV) anyway?
c/CMSgt. Daniel Rufener
NER-PA-310
Honor Guard Commander
Raven Honor Guard

Teamwork is essential; it gives the enemy other people to shoot at.
A clean (and dry) set of BDU's is a magnet for mud and rain.
If it's stupid but it works, it isn't stupid. -Murphy's laws

MIKE

Mike Johnston

Skyray

Quote from: MIKE on May 27, 2005, 03:04:35 AM
Quote from: flying Raptor on May 27, 2005, 03:00:40 AM
What does that mean(YMMV) anyway?

Your Mileage May Vary

I have always used it to indicate that my opinion was not carved in stone, that is, if you had a different opinion, I was willing to listen.  I have a lot of opinions, some of them fairly strongly held, and lord knows, I am not always right.  I use it a lot.
Doug Johnson - Miami

Always Active-Sometimes a Member