Forum Upgrade & Preparations For Moving The CAP-Talk

Started by NIN, January 17, 2023, 12:42:54 PM

NIN

Good morning, all

The Simple Machines Forum that runs CAP-Talk has been upgrade to the latest version courtesy of our very own back-end wizard Jerry Horn.  The previous version was a Release Candidate and might have been the cause of some of the wonkiness we saw here and there with logins, sessions, the CAPTCHA, etc.

Part of this is leading to moving the forum to a new hosting platform.  More on that after we do a test move and have a project timeline in place, but at some point expect a few hours of downtime when the move does occur.

Let us know if you see any strangeness, new or old, in the forum.
Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

etodd

Starting from scratch, or will all the old historical threads be moved to the new?
"Don't try to explain it, just bow your head
Breathe in, breathe out, move on ..."

whatevah

Quote from: etodd on January 17, 2023, 06:20:14 PMStarting from scratch, or will all the old historical threads be moved to the new?
Yes!
Jerry Horn
CAPTalk Co-Admin

Paul Creed III

Lt Col Paul Creed III, CAP
Group 3 Ohio Wing sUAS Program Manager

NIN

Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.