Main Menu

A new Safety Journey

Started by James Shaw, November 11, 2022, 02:01:20 PM

James Shaw

Over the last couple of years I have posted several questions and discussions related to safety behaviors. I have finally bit the bullet and been approved to start a hybrid degree program that will begin as a Doctorate in Business Administration and transition to a Doctorate in Occupational Safety & Health through Columbia Southern University (One of the Universities I teach for).

My planned focus: "Individual to Organizational Impact of Safety E.V.E.N.Ts. specific outcomes."

Research will be based on the "Conceptual, Conditional, and Confirmed outcomes of Individual Impacts of Organizational Safety".

I plan to share the research and journey with my fellow Safety enthusiasts.
Jim Shaw
USN: 1987-1992
GANG: 1996-1998
CAP:2000 - Current
USCGA:2018 - Current
SGAUS: 2017 - Current

etodd

Quote from: James Shaw on November 11, 2022, 02:01:20 PM"Individual to Organizational Impact of Safety E.V.E.N.Ts. specific outcomes."

"Conceptual, Conditional, and Confirmed outcomes of Individual Impacts of Organizational Safety".

Reading that gave me a headache. Is it something like:

Visibility is a good thing. We bought reflective vests. Now they see us.
"Don't try to explain it, just bow your head
Breathe in, breathe out, move on ..."

James Shaw

Quote from: etodd on November 12, 2022, 02:35:36 AM
Quote from: James Shaw on November 11, 2022, 02:01:20 PM"Individual to Organizational Impact of Safety E.V.E.N.Ts. specific outcomes."

"Conceptual, Conditional, and Confirmed outcomes of Individual Impacts of Organizational Safety".

Reading that gave me a headache. Is it something like:

Visibility is a good thing. We bought reflective vests. Now they see us.

Not really but I like the thought. That would definitely be an easier Dissertation than the one I will be doing.
Jim Shaw
USN: 1987-1992
GANG: 1996-1998
CAP:2000 - Current
USCGA:2018 - Current
SGAUS: 2017 - Current