Main Menu

Will this impact CAP?

Started by JohhnyD, June 28, 2021, 01:14:36 AM

JohhnyD

Joe Biden signed an executive order on Friday that ensures that every part of the federal government will conduct race-conscious diversity training and engage in race-conscious hiring.

The executive order "establishes an ambitious, whole-of-government initiative that will take a systematic approach to embed DEIA [diversity, equity, inclusion, and accessibility] in Federal hiring and employment practices," according to a White House fact sheet. In practice, it will ensure that federal agencies employ tenets associated with Critical Race Theory (CRT) within their hiring practices and day-to-day activities.

dwb

CAP, Inc. is a 501(c)(3) and CAP employees are not federal workers. So, probably not.

JohhnyD

Quote from: dwb on June 28, 2021, 01:21:34 AMCAP, Inc. is a 501(c)(3) and CAP employees are not federal workers. So, probably not.
1 - CAP-USAF is.
2 - Many members are, especially in top leadership.

Eclipse

1 - CAP-USAF isn't CAP.

2 - Many members are many things.

It's not a CAP thing, per se.

"That Others May Zoom"

JohhnyD

Quote from: Eclipse on June 28, 2021, 01:42:32 AM1 - CAP-USAF isn't CAP.

2 - Many members are many things.

It's not a CAP thing, per se.
All true, but non-responsive.

NovemberWhiskey

I think you might have missed the tacit "no, this will not affect CAP" that is implied in the responses above.

Why do you think it would or might? It's unclear why anyone would assume that an increase in federal workforce diversity would affect a volunteer organization like CAP, or in what way that effect would be manifested.

JohhnyD

Quote from: NovemberWhiskey on June 28, 2021, 02:25:24 AMI think you might have missed the tacit "no, this will not affect CAP" that is implied in the responses above.

Why do you think it would or might? It's unclear why anyone would assume that an increase in federal workforce diversity would affect a volunteer organization like CAP, or in what way that effect would be manifested.
I have seen how the PAO world has been impacted by the very Federal influence at the top. Plus, our host/sponsor/aux affiliation IS Federal, so why would we assume anything else?

JohhnyD

Quote from: JohhnyD on June 28, 2021, 02:27:29 AMI think you might have missed the tacit "no, this will not affect CAP" that is implied in the responses above.
And, no. I got that loud and clear. But since it comes from the "usual suspects", it is taken with that proverbial "grain of salt", get it?

Blanding

Quote from: JohhnyD on June 28, 2021, 02:28:33 AM
Quote from: JohhnyD on June 28, 2021, 02:27:29 AMI think you might have missed the tacit "no, this will not affect CAP" that is implied in the responses above.
And, no. I got that loud and clear. But since it comes from the "usual suspects", it is taken with that proverbial "grain of salt", get it?

Hi there - not a usual suspect here. As Dan said, CAP, Inc. is a 501(c)(3) and CAP employees are not federal workers. So, probably not.

What would our affiliation with partner organizations have to do with Federal hiring and employment practices?

CAP Inc. does not hire Federal employees.

JohhnyD

Quote from: Blanding on June 28, 2021, 02:36:12 AM
Quote from: JohhnyD on June 28, 2021, 02:28:33 AM

Hi there - not a usual suspect here. As Dan said, CAP, Inc. is a 501(c)(3) and CAP employees are not federal workers. So, probably not.

What would our affiliation with partner organizations have to do with Federal hiring and employment practices?

CAP Inc. does not hire Federal employees.
Yep, and yet I am fearful that we will be coerced into adopting CRT s part of our culture.

NovemberWhiskey

Quote from: JohhnyD on June 28, 2021, 02:27:29 AMI have seen how the PAO world has been impacted by the very Federal influence at the top. Plus, our host/sponsor/aux affiliation IS Federal, so why would we assume anything else?

I don't have any idea what you're talking about concerning public affairs; you're probably going to have to be more specific if you want a substantive discussion.

It would also help if you were more specific about what this effect you seem to be worried about would be. Perhaps you could refer to specific elements of the Executive Order that would be relevant.

There may be, over time, a more nationally-representative proportion of racial groups within the Federal government. I don't see how that would affect CAP, for example.

NovemberWhiskey

Quote from: JohhnyD on June 28, 2021, 02:42:04 AMI am fearful that we will be coerced into adopting CRT s part of our culture.

In the absence of any generally-accepted definition of what "critical race theory" means, it is very hard to have any idea what you're actually worrying about or why.

Fubar

Quote from: JohhnyD on June 28, 2021, 02:42:04 AMYep, and yet I am fearful that we will be coerced into adopting CRT s part of our culture.

If it does it will be because the CEO of the corporation decides it needs to and will have nothing to do with the federal government.

Unless I'm a usual suspect (are there ID cards or a secret handshake?).

NIN

OK, guys. That will about cover the pearl-clutching flyby.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/congress/military-leaders-push-back-questions-rep-gaetz-about-critical-race-n1272190

Unless and until there's a letter from the General making changes to our EO and other annual member training requirements, I think we're in the clear.

Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.