Eservices personnel info > Local Activities

Started by N6RVT, June 08, 2021, 08:20:25 PM

N6RVT

I have ONE entry in here - that I attended a safety meeting on 30 Aug 2020.  Nothing else.

Now this is like page 4 of the old form 45, so I'm not at all surprised at how much is missing.

What I DO want to know, is how did that one entry get in there?  Somehow, someone did this correctly - one time.

What is the method for doing that?

arajca

Someone needs to input the information. It's fairly easy is you use the attendance form you can print from Eservices. After the meeting/activity, someone goes in to enter attendance and just check the boxes of those who there, then submits.

N6RVT

Quote from: arajca on June 08, 2021, 09:13:59 PMSomeone needs to input the information. It's fairly easy is you use the attendance form you can print from Eservices. After the meeting/activity, someone goes in to enter attendance and just check the boxes of those who there, then submits.

I figured it out after I wrote that.  We have someone who diligently prints the attendance roster for every meeting and makes sure it gets circulated around and signed - and then does nothing with it.  If he has them all filed somewhere I can type it all in, I have no life.

Eclipse

Quote from: Dwight Dutton on June 08, 2021, 09:19:23 PMWe have someone who diligently prints the attendance roster for every meeting and makes sure it gets circulated around and signed - and then does nothing with it. 

CAP 2021 in one sentence.

"That Others May Zoom"

Spaceman3750

Quote from: Eclipse on June 08, 2021, 10:07:38 PM
Quote from: Dwight Dutton on June 08, 2021, 09:19:23 PMWe have someone who diligently prints the attendance roster for every meeting and makes sure it gets circulated around and signed - and then does nothing with it.

At one point this was about the only way to answer an SUI question about supervision on the CP tab but I think it went away.

Eclipse

Quote from: Spaceman3750 on June 08, 2021, 10:51:25 PM
Quote from: Eclipse on June 08, 2021, 10:07:38 PM

At one point this was about the only way to answer an SUI question about supervision on the CP tab but I think it went away.

The infamous "Do you have at least two adults?" question.

"Yes".

"Prove it"

"Here's our records, we take attendance electronically."

"How do I know you didn't just enter the Seniors' names?"

"?!"

I can't imagine existing in a universe believing where I, as an IG,
was going to crack the "great CAP CPT caper" by proving a CC
had forged attendance rosters, but there you go.

At one point we considered taking a photo at every meeting,
and then the response was "how would we know what date the photo was taken".
Absent a proof-of life that included a dated newspaper (that could have been Photoshop)
I just stopped entertaining the dumb questions.

"That Others May Zoom"

PHall

At the squadron I'm currently a member of we sign everybody in using the barcode on the back of the ID card.
Automatically populates who was there and we then list what training was done that night.
The system records it all and shows it when you look someone up in e-services.

N6RVT

We could do that at large events, but at squadron meetings we just circulate the paper.  Point was nobody enters that information later.  And I can understand why, considering I can find no useful purpose of doing so.  That information is not used for any purpose I can find.

Holding Pattern

Quote from: Dwight Dutton on June 09, 2021, 05:06:30 PMWe could do that at large events, but at squadron meetings we just circulate the paper.  Point was nobody enters that information later.  And I can understand why, considering I can find no useful purpose of doing so.  That information is not used for any purpose I can find.

I've made it a point to use it to document meetings where sign-offs or important meetings that may need to be referenced later have occurred.

PHall

Quote from: Dwight Dutton on June 09, 2021, 05:06:30 PMWe could do that at large events, but at squadron meetings we just circulate the paper.  Point was nobody enters that information later.  And I can understand why, considering I can find no useful purpose of doing so.  That information is not used for any purpose I can find.

We do it the same time we're doing their temperature check. It's a COVID world we live in now.

SarDragon

Our folks can hit up the attendance log to verify their participation for calculating mileage for tax purposes. Even at 14 cents/mile, it adds up.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

N6RVT

Quote from: SarDragon on June 09, 2021, 08:05:44 PMOur folks can hit up the attendance log to verify their participation for calculating mileage for tax purposes. Even at 14 cents/mile, it adds up.

I'm only just now discovering this because I'm in level 4, I never knew Eservices had this feature.

Now that we seem to have page 4 of the form 45 covered, all that leaves is the leftmost column of page 1

Unless someone here knows how to enter historical Awards & decorations.  Not service ribbons, I know how to do that.   In my case, for example, I have a Commanders Commendation from 2012 and another from 2016 that predate the Eservices system.  Any ideas on how to get those in there?

Holding Pattern

Quote from: Dwight Dutton on June 09, 2021, 08:19:50 PM
Quote from: SarDragon on June 09, 2021, 08:05:44 PMOur folks can hit up the attendance log to verify their participation for calculating mileage for tax purposes. Even at 14 cents/mile, it adds up.

I'm only just now discovering this because I'm in level 4, I never knew Eservices had this feature.

Now that we seem to have page 4 of the form 45 covered, all that leaves is the leftmost column of page 1

Unless someone here knows how to enter historical Awards & decorations.  Not service ribbons, I know how to do that.   In my case, for example, I have a Commanders Commendation from 2012 and another from 2016 that predate the Eservices system.  Any ideas on how to get those in there?

Awards request, check the "historical entry" box, upload documentation as attachments and fill out specifics as needed.

N6RVT

Quote from: SarDragon on June 09, 2021, 08:05:44 PM
Our folks can hit up the attendance log to verify their participation for calculating mileage for tax purposes. Even at 14 cents/mile, it adds up.

One quirk I just discovered typing in a stack of previously unentered sign in forms:  If someone from another squadron is visiting and you enter their member number, they do not show up as a guest, but instead as an attending member of your own unit.

jeders

Quote from: Dwight Dutton on June 11, 2021, 03:02:16 AMOne quirk I just discovered typing in a stack of previously unentered sign in forms:  If someone from another squadron is visiting and you enter their member number, they do not show up as a guest, but instead as an attending member of your own unit.

That's because "guest" in this instance is a term for non-members. So it's not that they're showing up as a member of your unit, they're just showing up as a member of CAP.
If you are confident in you abilities and experience, whether someone else is impressed is irrelevant. - Eclipse

N6RVT

Quote from: jeders on June 11, 2021, 01:46:47 PMThat's because "guest" in this instance is a term for non-members. So it's not that they're showing up as a member of your unit, they're just showing up as a member of CAP

The total number of members for the squadron is equal to the actual number of members + guests with member numbers.

If I went to the squadron to run the radio net on a night nobody else from my squadron was there, it would be a meeting with 1/55 attending.  If a half dozen radio trainees from other units show up, it shows 7/61 members.

If you don't know how the system works it looks like the membership in the squadron is varying widely over a short period of time.  More than is actually possible, even.

While I am at it what is the "required paperwork" for?  The tutorials never mentioned it and I don't hve a guess.

Luis R. Ramos

My understanding is any form such as parents permission, SQTRs if ES training, CAPF 161, etc.
Squadron Safety Officer
Squadron Communication Officer
Squadron Emergency Services Officer