Main Menu

Farewell

Started by Chappie, November 28, 2018, 05:05:02 AM

Chappie

This evening marks the conclusion of a great adventure in my personal and professional  life.  I put on a Civil Air Patrol uniform and attended a Civil Air Patrol activity/event/meeting for the last time.   Though my official retirement date is 31 December 2018, due to the hectic and holiday schedule in that month I won't be able to participate in CAP events.

For the past 22 years it has been a terrific ride for which I have grown personally and professionally.  Will always be grateful for the challenges and opportunities that were afforded me in this great organization.  Thanks to all who I have met and served with along the way.     

I would like to share two things with my CAP colleagues and friends.  One is this prayer by the late Chaplain (Lt Col) Cal Turpin (whose path I followed as a CAWG HC, PCR HC, and Deputy Chief of the CAP Chaplain Corps):

And now may the Lord bless you, and keep you,
May the Lord make His face to shine upon you,
The Lord lift up His countenance upon you, and give you peace
As you go out and when you come in,
When you work and when you play,
The Lord be with you as you take off and when you land,
May your navigating be true,
And your searches be successful,
Until that day shall come for you,
To take your last flight to stand in His presence,
Where all searches shall cease
For rescue will be needed no more.
Amen.

And from my childhood days, this song comes to mind to share as we go our ways:  https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hgw_yprN_-w

"Chappie"

Ch, Lt Col Paul Ward, CAP
Disclaimer:  Not to be confused with the other user that goes by "Chappy"   :)

jb3

Chappy,

Good luck in your well earned 'retirement'. 22 years is like infinity to most cadets so I'm sure you've seen it all, or pretty close. I'll keep you in my prayers as you start another chapter.

JB

NIN

Paul

I'm going to miss you. Lots.

I'll visit the Midway when you're working next time I'm in San Diego. Seriously

NIN
Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

capmaj

Good luck and stay well!

Brit_in_CAP

Paul

I'll stay in touch but my best wishes for the future.  I've enjoyed out talks , both via email and by telephone, and I'm grateful for both your mentoring and your friendship.

Antony

Pylon

Congratulations on the retirement, sir. Well deserved after so many years of dedication and service through the Chaplaincy.
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP