Rather new deputy commander here

Started by davidsinn, September 05, 2007, 02:31:56 AM

davidsinn

OK I'm the deputy commander for seniors at my unit so I'm responsible for OPs. My unit is pretty new and we are trying to get going on ES. My question is I now have my SET cert; What does that allow me to do? I'm GTM3 and FLM. Can I train to my own level or do I have to get a higher(GTL, FLS) level and train to the ones below me(GTM3,2,1 FLM)?

Former CAP Captain
David Sinn

JC004

You can sign off to your own level only

DHollywood

SET policies vary from Wing to Wing....   
account deleted by member

Eclipse

There is also a difference between training and tasking.

Training = "I show you."

Tasking = "You show me".

Anyone can train someone else, or you can train yourself.  Once a person believes they know things the "CAP Way", they arrange some time with an SET an work on tasking.

Too many units get hung up on not having SETs and let their momentum stall.  Using just the tasking guides and common sense you can get yourselves up to GTM1/L and then arrange some time with qualified SETs for the tasking.

Same goes for aircrew.

"That Others May Zoom"

RogueLeader

One thing about GTM, only GTL can sign off on anybodies GTM 1,2, or 3.  Same for Comm. Only CUL can sign off on MRO's.  You can certainly train yourself, but it's a good idea to have someone else sign you off.

Unless you want it returned as disapproved.  ;)
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

IceNine

Quote from: RogueLeader on September 06, 2007, 07:31:58 PM
One thing about GTM, only GTL can sign off on anybodies GTM 1,2, or 3.  Same for Comm. Only CUL can sign off on MRO's.  You can certainly train yourself, but it's a good idea to have someone else sign you off.

Thats incorrect, GTM-3 can sign for a GTM-3.  MRO for MRO, etc.  You cannot sign for levels above you, but you can sign for your level.

"All of the true things that I am about to tell you are shameless lies"

Book of Bokonon
Chapter 4

JC004

Quote from: mfd1506 on September 06, 2007, 08:02:02 PM
Quote from: RogueLeader on September 06, 2007, 07:31:58 PM

Thats incorrect, GTM-3 can sign for a GTM-3.  MRO for MRO, etc.  You cannot sign for levels above you, but you can sign for your level.

That could be a wing policy.  Question is, is it an approved supplement?

RiverAux

No, it is national regulation.  See CAPR 60-3 Attachment 5.  It clearly shows that GTMs can supervise GTM trainees at their level or lower. 
QuoteIncident Commanders, Agency Liaisons, and Ground Team Members can supervise personnel to the level that they are trained or lower because of their experience and training. For example, a ground team member level two can supervise a ground team member level three or two, but not a ground team member level one.

JC004

Quote from: RiverAux on September 07, 2007, 12:31:52 AM
No, it is national regulation.  See CAPR 60-3 Attachment 5.  It clearly shows that GTMs can supervise GTM trainees at their level or lower. 
QuoteIncident Commanders, Agency Liaisons, and Ground Team Members can supervise personnel to the level that they are trained or lower because of their experience and training. For example, a ground team member level two can supervise a ground team member level three or two, but not a ground team member level one.

I mean RogueLeader's comment on level below...