Main Menu

WMIRS

Started by flyguy06, September 03, 2007, 04:03:47 AM

flyguy06

I just looked at the WMIRs instructions for the first time. There is a lot of stuff there. I want to be an O-ride pilot. I have to log each O-ride into WMIRS seperately. If I do cadet training, I have tolog in each flight. If I do proficiency flights, I have to log in. Thisis in addition to all the other paperwork that has to be done in order to get reimbursed.

Do people at NHQ realize that all of us arent retired and can't spend an entire day doing CAP stuff. Also all of us arent computer savy. I dont know if I will be able to be a CAP O-ride pilot. The things Ihave to do look very overwhelming

genejackson

After you do it once or twice, it takes all of 15 seconds to enter your O ride into WMIRS.   The thing you want to be most careful of is making sure to put correct ID numbers into the blocks for the cadets to get credit for the ride and your Wing to be reimbursed.   

Let me know if I can be of any help.   WMIRS is no big deal to me anymore and I'm often helping others to ensure their entries are correct.

You can PM me or IM me at danvillecap on Yahoo IM.

Gene

Gene Jackson
COL (R) US Army
Danville VA

flyguy06

Thanks. I'll probably need the help

ZigZag911

I use it as an IC....the first mission or two involved a lot of fumbling around, but it becomes familiar very quickly....I actually find it convenient and helpful.

Tubacap

Plus if you do multiple O-Flights, you can create identical missions at the bottom, and then go through and edit them to fit each individual sortie.  Saves a little time.
William Schlosser, Major CAP
NER-PA-001

RiverAux

I've used it during missions and it didn't take long at all to learn how to enter in new sorties and update them and can now do it pretty quickly.  Haven't messed with o-rides though.

Like it or not, thats the way things are moving in CAP.

bosshawk

IMHO, WMIRS is not nearly as difficult to use as some of the other computer programs in CAP.  As has been said by others, once you work with it a bit, it isn't much of a mystery.  Does significantly increase the time that it takes to put missions into the system, but everything about a computer takes more time.

As an old gray head, I find the headlong plunge into computers by CAP to be a large burden.  I wasn't born with a computer in my brain, so everything about a computer is difficult for me.  I am so old that I clearly remember when the computer was first introduced to the American public: probably about the time that color television came into prominence.

In the CD program in CAWG, we probably run in the neighborhood of 60 CD missions a year, so WMIRS looms big in our lives.  Fortunately, I have a couple of great folks who enter most of the missions.  I do a few, so have become somewhat adept at doing the job.

Paul M. Reed
Col, USA(ret)
Former CAP Lt Col
Wilson #2777