RiverAux

From CAP News Online:
Ark. members furnish ground team in search for missing man

87-year-old sought since Aug. 27
August 29, 2007

Maj. Blake Sasse
Public Affairs Officer
Arkansas Wing   

ARKANSAS -- An Arkansas Wing ground team headed out the morning of Aug. 29 to Perry County, in west-central Arkansas, to participate in a search for an 85-year old man reported missing two days earlier. 

The local incident commander sought a trained ground team in order to supplement the many untrained local citizens who volunteered to help in the search.

The 11-person team consists of members of the 115th, 97th, 40th and 83rd Composite Squadrons and is led by Maj. Chic Matthews of Arkansas Wing Headquarters.   

The AR wing web page says basically the same, but does include the fact that it is being done as an AFAM.  Several folks have said that they have had to do these sorts of searches as corporate missions so you might want to check with them to see how they're managing to get AF approval for these local SARs. 

LtCol Hooligan

I think you can contact the NOC and ask them for help with getting activated.  Otherwise, you may have to get the state government to ask for CAP by contacting the AF itself to get activated.  We had tornados in North Dakota last weekend and the state would not call and request our help as they had enough already.  Sometimes I think it is the luck of the draw.
ERIK C. LUDLOW, Lt Col, CAP
Director of IT; Director of Cadet Programs
North Dakota Wing, Civil Air Patrol
http://www.ndcap.us

isuhawkeye

The difference between AFAM, and Corporate status (in my experience) lies with the loal authority jumping through AFRCC's hoops. 

In Iowa the state EMA will process a "C" requerst based upon virtually any request where AFRCC is pretty specific as to what it will, and what it will not support. 

Several threads have already beat the AFRCC approval process to death so I wont go there.