New MIMS Letter from Nationals

Started by IceNine, August 29, 2007, 05:03:42 AM

IceNine

This was posted on E-services today....

QuoteWe have recently received several questions regarding approvals and validations. Below is some basic information to help clear up some of the questions.

Validations are based on permissions granted by your WSA. They are meant to allow a trusted person to review an individual's records to make sure they are accurately reflected in the system. They are considered more an objective review because the person should only be looking to ensure information is recorded correctly.

Approvals are based on duty assignment. They are meant to allow a trusted officer the opportunity to certify a person to perform that role within the organization.

The duty positions that can approve ES qualifications are Commander, Vice Commander (wing/region), Deputy Commander (unit/group) and ES Officer. The duty positions that can approve Pilot Qualifications are Commander, Vice Commander (wing/region), Deputy Commander (unit/group), Operations Officer and Stan/Eval Officer. You can not approve your own qualifications.

Example: If you are a Commander and have ES Approvals waiting for yourself, you will have to have your Deputy Commander/Vice Commander or ES Officer approve those qualifications. If you do not have these duty positions assigned, they can be assigned using the Duty Assignment application in eServices.

Does this mean that even if you have the proper permissions for approvals that you do not automatically have validation privileges?  I am the group ESO and do not even have permission to view the members of my home unit let alone of the group
"All of the true things that I am about to tell you are shameless lies"

Book of Bokonon
Chapter 4

Al Sayre

Has your Group Commander appointed you in eServices?  You should automatically get the web permissions once you are appointed using the Duty Assignments function.  The CAPF 2A looks good in your 201 file, but if it isn't done electronically, you really don't have "The Power"...
Lt Col Al Sayre
MS Wing Staff Dude
Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska
GRW #2787

Camas

Quote from: Al Sayre on August 29, 2007, 06:30:48 AM
Has your Group Commander appointed you in eServices?  You should automatically get the web permissions once you are appointed using the Duty Assignments function.  The CAPF 2A looks good in your 201 file, but if it isn't done electronically, you really don't have "The Power"...
You state you're appointed as the group ES officer but are you actually assigned to group?  That'll make a difference.  You should automatically have group-wide approval for ES achievements as long as you're assigned under the duty assignment application.  Your commander will be the one who normally takes care of this. 
QuoteValidations are based on permissions granted by your WSA.
Approvals are based on duty assignment.
Check with your WSA (web security administrator) and ask for some OpsQuals permissions.  PM me and I can give you some suggestions if you're interested. I'm a wing-level WSA myself and I'll be happy to help if I can.

floridacyclist

That's what it boils down to. Although the permissions are supposed to be assigned automatically based on your duty assignment, they don't seem to work that way for ES. I had the opportunity to sit down and go shopping with our wing IT admin guy and the list of available permissions...he wanted a favor :)

Seriously, sometimes you just have to go through the list, see what you want, and then submit a request up the chain for those permissions.

I should have asked for Supreme Overlord Control authority while I had him at my beck and call LOL
Gene Floyd, Capt CAP
Wearer of many hats, master of none (but senior-rated in two)
www.tallahasseecap.org
www.rideforfatherhood.org

IceNine

I am not assigned to group BUT I am assigned in MIMS as the ESO...  As I said I get the mailing when there is an approval waiting but I can't verify that they have actually done the stuff...

I'll shoot of a PM soon, Going to see the Cubbies stomp the Brewers now though.
"All of the true things that I am about to tell you are shameless lies"

Book of Bokonon
Chapter 4

DrDave

Quote from: mfd1506 on August 29, 2007, 02:50:15 PM

Go Cardinals! :)

Dr. Dave
Lt. Col. (Dr.) David A. Miller
Director of Public Affairs
Missouri Wing
NCR-MO-098

"You'll feel a slight pressure ..."

ELTHunter

Quote from: mfd1506 on August 29, 2007, 02:50:15 PM
I am not assigned to group BUT I am assigned in MIMS as the ESO...  As I said I get the mailing when there is an approval waiting but I can't verify that they have actually done the stuff...

If you are not assigned as to your Group HQ unit in MIMS, it will not let you see all the members in the other squadrons in your Group, only the members of the unit you are assigned to in MIMS.
Maj. Tim Waddell, CAP
SER-TN-170
Deputy Commander of Cadets
Emergency Services Officer