Emergency Services Tech Rating

Started by capnj, February 15, 2005, 03:39:25 AM

capnj

Does anyone have the ES Tech rating?  I am currently going for mine, but a little confused on what to submit and where to submit it to.  Can someone guide me in the right direction please?

Horn229

NICHOLAS A. HORN, Senior Member, CAP

Schmidty06

wait... doesn't the ES tech rating entail the pluto patch?

SarDragon

Quote from: Schmidty06 on February 15, 2005, 05:49:05 AM
wait... doesn't the ES tech rating entail the pluto patch?
Two different things.

The ES (Pluto/T-34) patches denote GES qualification and one additional ES specialty rating. Anyone meeting the above qualifications is eligible.

The ES Technician Rating is part of the qualification as a senior member Emergency Services Officer. The Basic Emergency Services Qualification Badge may be worn by cadets, as they can complete all of the requirements for this rating, though they cannot officially receive the Technician Rating until they become a senior member.

See CAPR 35-6, para 2 and 3, and CAPP 213 for further info.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

Schmidty06

Ok, so this is unlike the Communications Technician rating that cadets can gain, right?

Pylon

Quote from: Schmidty06 on February 15, 2005, 09:18:41 PM
Ok, so this is unlike the Communications Technician rating that cadets can gain, right?

The badge is just like the Communications Technician badge which cadets can earn.

Cadets can earn the privilege to wear the Emergency Services Badge, which is the red, shield-shaped pocket device worn on blues.  The cadet must complete all requirements listed for the Senior Member Emergency Services Specialty Track, Technician Rating - except for the professional development things that cadets don't do (meaning Senior Member levels (eg: having Level I training).)

The cadets do not actually earn the "rating" because specialty track ratings are for Senior Members, but they can earn the right to wear the badge if they meet all of the requirements they can do as a cadet.

The Emergency Services patch is different (the Pluto patch or the older training airplane oval patch).  One can earn the patch by having GES qualifications and one other ES specialty rating.  That's it. 

Just because you earn the patch for the BDUs does not necessarily mean you can also wear the red shield ES badge for blues.  They have different requirements.
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

Schmidty06

ok, this all makes sense now. Thankyou.