Homeland Security Newsletter

Started by RiverAux, December 26, 2006, 03:38:48 PM

RiverAux

Has anyone else noticed that there is now a link to a Homeland Security Newsletter on the left side of the page on the e-services main page?  The link is broken at the moment.  Anyone seen previous issues? 

ELTHunter

I haven't visited that one before, but here is one at DHS that you might check out.  It is available daily.

http://www.dhs.gov/xinfoshare/programs/editorial_0542.shtm
Maj. Tim Waddell, CAP
SER-TN-170
Deputy Commander of Cadets
Emergency Services Officer

Major Carrales

Quote from: RiverAux on December 26, 2006, 03:38:48 PM
Has anyone else noticed that there is now a link to a Homeland Security Newsletter on the left side of the page on the e-services main page?  The link is broken at the moment.  Anyone seen previous issues? 

I saw this, cliked it  and it directed me to back to the "e-services" page.  It may be something coming in 2007.
"We have been given the power to change CAP, let's keep the momentum going!"

Major Joe Ely "Sparky" Carrales, CAP
Commander
Coastal Bend Cadet Squadron
SWR-TX-454

Mavreck

Quote from: RiverAux on December 26, 2006, 03:38:48 PM

I received a copy and sent a thank you to National for finally defining the scope of HLS Director.  It is interesting that the link no longer active.  I received a copy from my wing commander over a month ago.

http://vtwg.cap.gov/  still has a copy of the Spring HLS NHQ Newsletter ;D

RiverAux

National has fixed the link on e-services and the Fall 2006 issue is now available there. 

Interesting that though they didn't say it outright, some of the missions they are proposing that Wing HLS directors go after are more or less traditional CG Aux aviation missions and are in parts of the country where CG Aux Air is fairly robust.  If the best potential we have to get HLS missions is to "steal" them from another auxiliary I don't hold out a lot of hope for this being a major mission for CAP. 

RiverAux

I've been anxiously awaiting a new issue, but the Fall 2006 issue is still the latest version posted to eservices.  I don't know what publication schedule they were planning on, but some new material might be nice. 

IceNine

Agreed, I also giggle a little when I re-read the rant in the comm newsletter about how it will be done on a regular basis, and that he was upset that it took years to begin doing them again.
"All of the true things that I am about to tell you are shameless lies"

Book of Bokonon
Chapter 4

JC004

Quote from: RiverAux on September 09, 2007, 11:16:42 PM
I've been anxiously awaiting a new issue, but the Fall 2006 issue is still the latest version posted to eservices.  I don't know what publication schedule they were planning on, but some new material might be nice. 

looks like annual at this rate - as we know, NHQ is not good at putting out regular newsletters anymore