Main Menu

AOPA chapters?

Started by Walkman, August 24, 2012, 05:05:45 AM

Walkman

Working on my Recruiting tech rating. One of the reqs is to have a list of local aviation/ES centric groups, including AOPA & EAA. I searched through the AOPA website and couldn't find any way to locate a local chapter. How can I find this?

SarDragon

Do they even have local chapters? I was a member many moons ago, and I don't recall anything about local groups.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

bosshawk

Been a member of AOPA since 1991.  No, no chapters: just one big happy national organization.  The local reps are those members who volunteer to be Airport Monitors(or whatever they call them).

Paul M. Reed
Col, USA(ret)
Former CAP Lt Col
Wilson #2777

Critical AOA

EAA has local chapters.  Some chapters are very active, some are not.

AOPA does not have chapters.  They do have the Airport Support Network which is made up of locals whose mission is to act as an advocate for the local airport with AOPA help to prevent airports from closing or unfriendly practices towards GA.

I am a member of both AOPA and EAA on the national level and recently joined the local EAA chapter. 

The Commemorative Air Force also has local chapters.

There is also the Ninety-Nines.

A lot of airports also have flying clubs.

Any of these would be good recruitment target groups.
"I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."   - George Bernard Shaw

Walkman

Thanks for the info. How would I find the local AOPA members referenced?

(BTW, I'm not a pilot, so I have no experience with AOPA or the ins and outs of GA).

Critical AOA

"I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."   - George Bernard Shaw

Walkman

Critical AOA

You are most welcome.  Happy hunting!