Main Menu

School Senior Pictures

Started by shlebz, September 28, 2012, 01:19:32 PM

shlebz

how does everyone feel about wearing one of their CAP uniforms in one of a cadets Senior Pictures?
C/1stLt Shelby Heberling
Mitchell #59813

Phil Hirons, Jr.

How we feel on CAP Talk is nowhere near as important as how your squadron commander sees it.

MIKE

Mike Johnston

Garibaldi

Ask your CC or DCC. The worst they can do is say no.
Still a major after all these years.
ES dude, leadership ossifer, publik affaires
Opinionated and wrong 99% of the time about all things

shlebz

i realize i'm supposed to ask my Sqd. CC...i was just merely looking for yalls input :P
C/1stLt Shelby Heberling
Mitchell #59813

Cool Mace

Quote from: shlebz on September 28, 2012, 01:26:55 PM
i realize i'm supposed to ask my Sqd. CC...i was just merely looking for yalls input :P

Short answer for that. Some will say yes, some will say no, all while agreeing to ask your CC. Then RM will come in and tell us why we don't need uniforms anymore.
CAP is what you make of it. If you don't put anything in to it, you won't get anything out of it.
Eaker #2250
C/Lt Col, Ret.
The cookies and donuts were a lie.

NIN

Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

Eclipse

If your CAP unit is somehow related to the school, OK, if not, probably not a good idea.

"That Others May Zoom"

arajca

Quote from: Cool Mace on September 28, 2012, 01:30:23 PM

Short answer for that. Some will say yes, some will say no, all while agreeing to ask your CC. Then RM will come in and tell us why we don't need uniforms anymore.
Forgot "ask your school's prinicpal/dean/etc as well."

Eclipse

Quote from: NIN on September 28, 2012, 01:31:34 PM

And yes, my commander knew.

Congrats on your recent success with Homeland!

"That Others May Zoom"

Cool Mace

Quote from: arajca on September 28, 2012, 01:32:58 PM
Quote from: Cool Mace on September 28, 2012, 01:30:23 PM

Forgot "ask your school's prinicpal/dean/etc as well."

Good catch.
CAP is what you make of it. If you don't put anything in to it, you won't get anything out of it.
Eaker #2250
C/Lt Col, Ret.
The cookies and donuts were a lie.

NIN

Quote from: Eclipse on September 28, 2012, 01:33:24 PM

Thanks.  And the coffee that just shot out my nose was a great addition to my desk.
(for the record, I am not Damien Lewis.  He is much more British than I am. So when he got his Emmy, I kept going "Dick Winters isn't BRITISH!" at the TV)
Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

Майор Хаткевич

Quote from: NIN on September 28, 2012, 01:46:30 PM
Quote from: Eclipse on September 28, 2012, 01:33:24 PM

Thanks.  And the coffee that just shot out my nose was a great addition to my desk.
(for the record, I am not Damien Lewis.  He is much more British than I am. So when he got his Emmy, I kept going "Dick Winters isn't BRITISH!" at the TV)

He's a Brit? Wha? No way...

NIN

Quote from: usafaux2004 on September 28, 2012, 01:49:17 PM

Seriously. It screwed me up, expecting to hear his "Dick Winters" voice, and instead get this somewhat posh Notting Hill accent...
Darin Ninness, Col, CAP

Майор Хаткевич

Quote from: NIN on September 28, 2012, 01:55:12 PM
Quote from: usafaux2004 on September 28, 2012, 01:49:17 PM

Seriously. It screwed me up, expecting to hear his "Dick Winters" voice, and instead get this somewhat posh Notting Hill accent...

BoB, Life, Homeland...got me fooled.

Devil Doc

Captain Brandon P. Smith CAP
Former HM3, U.S NAVY
Too many Awards, Achievments and Qualifications to list.

Майор Хаткевич

Hm...I detect only 5 C/Enlisted Ribbons. Shouldn't there be 6? Also no Encampment ribbon... >:D :angel:

NIN

Quote from: usafaux2004 on September 28, 2012, 02:07:41 PM
Hm...I detect only 5 C/Enlisted Ribbons. Shouldn't there be 6? Also no Encampment ribbon... >:D :angel:

Do I get to smack you now?

Curry, Arnold, Wright Bros, Rickenbacker, Lindbergh, Dolittle, Goddard.  That was it back then.  Phase I & II FTW.

There is a Mitchell in there someplace, too.
Darin Ninness, Col, CAP

Майор Хаткевич

Quote from: NIN on September 28, 2012, 02:15:50 PM
Quote from: usafaux2004 on September 28, 2012, 02:07:41 PM

Do I get to smack you now?

Curry, Arnold, Wright Bros, Rickenbacker, Lindbergh, Dolittle, Goddard.  That was it back then.  Phase I & II FTW.

There is a Mitchell in there someplace, too.

Ah....the Doolittle looked like the Mitchell, though the Goddard did look like it's after the Mitchell.

Either way, unless the requirements were different, no Encampment and no Mitchell. :)

Eclipse

I see 1 pip - I say an excited new C/Officer who hasn't updated his rack yet.

"That Others May Zoom"