Main Menu

CAP License Plates

Started by ♠SARKID♠, August 23, 2007, 04:53:12 PM

winterg

pixelwonk

And with the frequency of command emblem changes, outdated twice-over.

still have one though   :D

♠SARKID♠

Quote from: winterg on December 26, 2008, 07:13:07 PM
We have CAP plates here in Wisconsin but they're pretty bland.

http://www.dot.wisconsin.gov/drivers/vehicles/personal/special/civilairpatrol.htm

Thats why you surround them with bumper stickers...lots and lots of bumper stickers.

BuckeyeDEJ

Quote from: hatentx on June 17, 2008, 02:34:32 AM
Quote from: CadetProgramGuy on March 26, 2008, 06:09:34 AM
Quote from: BigMojo on March 25, 2008, 01:47:35 PM
Jordan,

You'd probably have more luck getting something like this through as it's more in line with the rest of the Military Support plates. Just my $0.02, YMMV

Your Plate has a stripe looking alot like the Coast Guards......

I like this one better.  I am from Florida and I have my Army plates but I would change them out for the CAP ones if that is what they were

I like this, but I think the red stripe has to go, in favor of silver gray. The blue should also darken up a bit, to match the blue in the shield. Remember that the fewer colors that are used, the cheaper the plate is to make -- sticking with red, blue, gold and silver gray should be quite enough (four spot colors).

The type needs to be centered between the holes in the plate. Other than that, it looks good to go.

CAP since 1984: Lt Col; former C/Lt Col; MO, MRO, MS, IO; former sq CC/CD/PA; group, wing, region PA, natl cmte mbr, nat'l staff member.
REAL LIFE: Working journalist in SPG, DTW (News), SRQ, PIT (Trib), 2D1, WVI, W22; editor, desk chief, designer, photog, columnist, reporter, graphics guy, visual editor, but not all at once. Now a communications manager for an international multisport venue.

RiverAux

I agree about the stripe -- too Coast Guardy

Stonewall

Quote from: swamprat86 on December 26, 2008, 05:11:07 PM
NJ just got CAP plates after years of trying.  The holdup was the members since we needed a certain number of "pre-orders" before the state would print them.

I got mine in the mail on the Christmas eve. Nice early gift.

I did a search but couldn't find it.  How about a picture for us?
Serving since 1987.

PhoenixRisen

Quote from: Stonewall on December 27, 2008, 01:45:28 AM
I did a search but couldn't find it.  How about a picture for us?

If they went with their original design, here's the site and a pic:

http://schweiker.njwg.cap.gov/plates/capplates.htm

It's not listed on their DMV website, though.  (Just like their USCG AUX plates.)

Eclipse

Quote from: PhoenixCadet on December 27, 2008, 02:07:24 AM
It's not listed on their DMV website, though.  (Just like their USCG AUX plates.)

The CG Aux plates are listed under specialty plates.

http://www.state.nj.us/mvc/Vehicle/SpecialtyPlates.htm

"That Others May Zoom"

PhoenixRisen

D'oh!

Thanks for pointin' that out!

swamprat86

That's the plate, but instead of "USAF Auxiliary" it says "Civil Air Patrol".