NEW DISTINCTIVE UNIFORM ITEMS

Started by MAJORZ04, March 23, 2006, 02:07:25 PM

wildman

Quote from: AlphaSigOU on March 25, 2006, 02:42:20 PM
Quote from: dcpacemaker on March 24, 2006, 04:47:35 AM
I just ordered the new nameplate from 1800nametapes.  I needed some nametapes anyway so no loss on shipping.  All I need now is the aviator shirt, but the one from CrAPMart/Vanguard is too thin for my liking.  I'm still looking for a thinker version of the shirt before I buy one.

Try these guys: http://www.tallyhouniforms.com/p_shirt.htm#aircrew

Tally Ho Uniforms Aircrew shirt is basically the Van Heusen Aviator shirt except it's made of 65% cotton broadcloth/35% polyester. Great service, reasonable prices.
wild

wildman

I have used Tallyho uniforms- they had very good service and the price on the aviator or the pilot shirt was only $ 16.95- at the time that was the least expensive I could find anywhere.. I ordered a couple and have been very pleased.

As for the name tags.... when I made inquires at vanguard and at the hock shop ... neither had all the info. Size of the tag, style of the letters etc. I really think national jumped the gun here. Should have had ALL THE SPECIFICATIONS ready. I noticed that here in Florida the Wing King had the uniform on about a week after the announcement :-*
wild

Nick

Quote from: dcpacemaker on March 29, 2006, 03:49:37 PM
Quote from: mclarty on March 29, 2006, 09:02:32 AM
Are those the same dimensions as the 3-line nameplates?
Yep.  I didn't even notice that until you asked.

Well that's good at least.
Nicholas McLarty, Lt Col, CAP
Texas Wing Staff Guy
National Cadet Team Guy Emeritus

SFox167

I'm trying to find a place that sells the AF Style epaulets for the new uniform combo.  Any information will be greatly appreciated. ;D
Steven Fox

AlphaSigOU

Quote from: SFox167 on April 02, 2006, 01:59:06 AM
I'm trying to find a place that sells the AF Style epaulets for the new uniform combo.  Any information will be greatly appreciated. ;D

Try these guys: Uniform Accessories Unlimited.
Lt Col Charles E. (Chuck) Corway, CAP
Gill Robb Wilson Award (#2901 - 2011)
Amelia Earhart Award (#1257 - 1982) - C/Major (retired)
Billy Mitchell Award (#2375 - 1981)
Administrative/Personnel/Professional Development Officer
Nellis Composite Squadron (PCR-NV-069)
KJ6GHO - NAR 45040

SFox167

Thanks.  :)

I just sent in my order.
Steven Fox

Maj Ballard

I ordered my new blue nameplates from Vanguard... Just got them Wednesday. I scanned one. Notice theirs are all upper case (although small). Basically the cadet nameplate with the Air Force Auxiliary business removed.

L. Ballard, Major, CAP

AlphaSigOU

Quote from: Lt Ballard on April 02, 2006, 02:22:56 PM
I ordered my new blue nameplates from Vanguard... Just got them Wednesday. I scanned one. Notice theirs are all upper case (although small). Basically the cadet nameplate with the Air Force Auxiliary business removed.

What's Vanguard's catalog number for the new nameplate? Notice that the nameplate is a 'true' AF blue.
KJ6GHO - NAR 45040

mawr

I was told recently by Vanguard that the item number is CAP0599MA.  I ordered one for my wife and myself so I hope that Vanguard has gotten thier act together.
Rick Hasha, Lt Col CAP

shorning

So we've changed uniforms and we're using two different size name tags with two different ways of engraving the letters?  Brilliant!

AlphaSigOU

Quote from: shorning on April 02, 2006, 11:43:47 PM
So we've changed uniforms and we're using two different size name tags with two different ways of engraving the letters?  Brilliant!

Doesn't surprise me in the least. Guess it's the price we pay for early adoption of a new uniform.
KJ6GHO - NAR 45040

shorning

Quote from: AlphaSigOU on April 03, 2006, 03:37:08 AM
Quote from: shorning on April 02, 2006, 11:43:47 PM

Doesn't surprise me in the least. Guess it's the price we pay for early adoption of a new uniform.

Nope.  That's the price we pay for NHQ not thinking through their decision and providing clear guidance.  I've heard reports now of two different size name tags from Vanguard alone.  And they are the "official" source.

Pumbaa

OK, now my Captain just gave me a silver name tag with just my last name on it.. What gives?

Pylon

Quote from: Pit Bull on April 04, 2006, 07:03:13 PM
OK, now my Captain just gave me a silver name tag with just my last name on it.. What gives?

That's for the Service Coat.  Only Seniors wear it, and only on the Service Dress Uniform.  Reference CAPM 39-1. 

So yes, now CAP has 4 different plastic nameplates in circulation for different purposes.
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

Eclipse

Quote from: AlphaSigOU on April 02, 2006, 02:52:25 PM
Quote from: Lt Ballard on April 02, 2006, 02:22:56 PM

What's Vanguard's catalog number for the new nameplate? Notice that the nameplate is a 'true' AF blue.

The ones from 1800nametapes appear to be a shade too light, but the ones Vanguard is selling are clearly not engraved correctly based on the example shown in the photos posted by NHQ,
which match the ones made by 1800nametapes.
http://captalk.net/index.php?topic=651.0

"That Others May Zoom"

Maj Ballard

Quote from: Eclipse on April 04, 2006, 09:24:08 PM

The ones from 1800nametapes appear to be a shade too light, but the ones Vanguard is selling are clearly not engraved correctly based on the example shown in the photos posted by NHQ,
which match the ones made by 1800nametapes.
http://captalk.net/index.php?topic=651.0

Not necessarily, sir. The policy letter from Maj Gen Pineda actually showed both "variations" of the nameplate. Col Chitwood is wearing the upper/lowercase (1800nametape variety), and Cols Levitch and Parker are wearing those like mine (Vanguard variety). I know it's hard to see, but I was there the day those (Levitch/Parker) pictures were taken and saw them myself.

The problem appears to be that, as stated before, NHQ has given no clear guidance on how they are supposed to look.
L. Ballard, Major, CAP