Main Menu

1st sgt insignia?

Started by michigansergeant, March 20, 2006, 08:49:36 PM

fyrfitrmedic

Quote from: mikeylikey on April 07, 2006, 06:32:18 PM

I thought the Hawk MTN patch is allowed.  Are you speaking of the rocker that says "Staff" or are you speaking of those "ranger 2nd class" type tabs?  In PA they got rid of those a while ago.  However, I think they should be allowed to call themselves "RANGERS" since the program was in fact termed the Ranger Program by the Air Force way back in the 50's.  There is a lot of history with the program, and not to drive a huge debate, but some people may just be jealous or upset that their wing does not have a top-notch school that dates almost back to the founding of CAP.

One would probably have to look with some diligence to find a thread where Captain Williams doesn't make some sort of snarky comment or other about PAWG or its programs. It appears that some personal agenda on his part is in play here.

Perhaps there needs to be some version of Godwin's Law applicable to this. It's certainly gone far beyond the deceased-equine stage at this point.

MAJ Tony Rowley CAP
Lansdowne PA USA
"The passion of rescue reveals the highest dynamic of the human soul." -- Kurt Hahn

Eclipse

Actually, I didn't say anything snarky about PA.

I stated a fact - There is no longer anything within the CAP curriculm called a "Ranger", however PAWG still uses that term, and NHQ doesn't seem to care.

As Matlock would say, "...facts already entered into the record..."

"That Others May Zoom"