Cloth Squadron Command Badge

Started by Robert Hartigan, August 27, 2014, 02:58:01 PM

Robert Hartigan

I just received an order from Vanguard. It was complete and delivered quickly. But, I pulled out the cloth squadron command badge. It is horrible. A blind monkey could have embroidered it with his feet better! What gives with the shoddy quality control?
<><><>#996
GRW   #2717

The CyBorg is destroyed

As so many of us have found out, that is what happens when one vendor has a monopoly.
Exiled from GLR-MI-011

Luis R. Ramos

And this time no one can complain about The Hock Shop...
Squadron Safety Officer
Squadron Communication Officer
Squadron Emergency Services Officer

arajca

Quote from: CyBorg on August 27, 2014, 03:04:41 PM
As so many of us have found out, that is what happens when one vendor has a monopoly.
Or when there are no defined specifications.

Angus

Quote from: Luis R. Ramos on August 27, 2014, 03:44:31 PM
And this time no one can complain about The Hock Shop...

Gosh I miss Tom and the Hock Shop.  It was also so weird going there to pick up my orders.  For those that don't know how small of an operation it was, it was run out of his basement you would enter through the Bulk Head. 
Maj. Richard J. Walsh, Jr.
Director Education & Training MAWG 
 Gill Robb Wilson #4030

Flying Pig

Oh yeaaaaaaaah.... the Hock Shop.  I loved it.  You called, he actually answered the phone, took your order and with a few days it was at your door.  I used to get everything from him. 

Angus

It was great, although the quality for some of the items was the same he got some of his stuff from the Vanguard.
 Gill Robb Wilson #4030

a2capt

Quote from: Angus on August 27, 2014, 04:53:23 PMIt was great, although the quality for some of the items was the same he got some of his stuff from the Vanguard.
..and his answer was "meh, deal with it" .. at least Vanguard seems to respond and fix stuff. Though it shouldn't have gotten past QA in the first place.

Angus

Quote from: a2capt on August 27, 2014, 05:09:31 PM
Quote from: Angus on August 27, 2014, 04:53:23 PMIt was great, although the quality for some of the items was the same he got some of his stuff from the Vanguard.
..and his answer was "meh, deal with it" .. at least Vanguard seems to respond and fix stuff. Though it shouldn't have gotten past QA in the first place.

That was only on the stuff he got from them.  If it came from other vendors he worked with he would get it fixed.  At lease I know he did for people here in MAWG. 
 Gill Robb Wilson #4030

Garp

Quote from: Robert Hartigan on August 27, 2014, 02:58:01 PM
I just received an order from Vanguard. It was complete and delivered quickly. But, I pulled out the cloth squadron command badge. It is horrible. A blind monkey could have embroidered it with his feet better! What gives with the shoddy quality control?

so, what's it look like? photo?

Tim Medeiros

I must be the only one who didn't like that place.  When it takes 7 months just to get 5 shoulder cords, and your not given the option to cancel due to back order, it leaves a bad taste in your mouth.
TIMOTHY R. MEDEIROS, Lt Col, CAP
Chair, National IT Functional User Group
1577/2811

Майор Хаткевич

Quote from: Tim Medeiros on August 27, 2014, 06:34:48 PM
I must be the only one who didn't like that place.  When it takes 7 months just to get 5 shoulder cords, and your not given the option to cancel due to back order, it leaves a bad taste in your mouth.

1 month for nametapes. Shoddy quality patches, uniforms, insignia, etc.

Eclipse

Ditto on the other vendor - played the "Good Oll CAP Boy" role and then charged as much or more for
knockoffs.

As to the VG command badge, they have been bad for a long time, too much detail in too small an insignia.
Someone also needs to correct it as it has the wrong MAJCOM.

Just send it back.

"That Others May Zoom"

SARDOC

I've just opted to not wear it.  I Know the reg says you're supposed to...but I'm a Minimalist.

Garibaldi

I'm wondering...if we ALL sent back the items we find "wanting" as far as quality, would they try to improve their QA, tell us to suck it, or what?
Still a major after all these years.
ES dude, leadership ossifer, publik affaires
Opinionated and wrong 99% of the time about all things

Eclipse

Quote from: Garibaldi on August 27, 2014, 09:42:09 PM
I'm wondering...if we ALL sent back the items we find "wanting" as far as quality, would they try to improve their QA, tell us to suck it, or what?

In VG's defense, at least from the messages here, if you send things back, they correct or replace them.
The membership should not have to do VG's QC, but at least there's that.

"That Others May Zoom"

lordmonar

Also there is a CAP Point of Contact for Vanguard Issues......by all means complain to VG and send bad stuff back.....and follow up with an E-mail to CAP so they are aware.
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

GroundHawg

The current GT badges are awful as well. The two senior ones I have are ridiculous, almost cartoonist looking. I will send them back with a nastygram.

LATORRECA

I think it's time for all members to unite and talk to NHQ about this issue and how Vanguard keep making things worse. Outrages prices and poor quality.
    When I was a cadet 19 years ago, I usually went to a local military surplus, whom had a local supplier who provided all CAP items from badges, ranks and ribbons. It was cheaper and great quality. I remember getting squadron patches through different vendors.

Give us the ability to shop around. No to the Monopoly!

Mitchell 1969

Somebody (I forgot who) posted a few months ago about the poor quality cloth command badge. He contacted VG, who promised to fix things. I held off on ordering them, waiting for the fix.

When I finally ordered them, I took one look and thought that it looked like a bird dropping on a car hood.

Mitchell 1969; Earhart 1971; Eaker 1973. Cadet Flying Encampment, License, 1970. IACE New Zealand 1971; IACE Korea 1973.

CAP has been bery, bery good to me.