Level 3 achievement

Started by huey, May 28, 2014, 12:33:46 PM

MSG Mac

Quote from: SARDOC on July 03, 2014, 12:04:29 AM
Quote from: LSThiker on May 30, 2014, 02:22:40 PMThe Army lost a records warehouse in Saint Louis due to a fire sometime back in the 1950s on 12 July 1973.

Wearing the tinfoil hat.  I think this was done to avoid future Agent Orange claims.   >:D

If you listened to the excuses from the National Personnel Records Center, that fire is responsible for more damage than Mrs O'Leary's cow, Nero, and the fire bombing of Tokyo combined.
Michael P. McEleney
Lt Col CAP
MSG USA (Retired)
50 Year Member

SARDOC

Quote from: MSG Mac on July 03, 2014, 01:19:02 AM
Quote from: SARDOC on July 03, 2014, 12:04:29 AM
Quote from: LSThiker on May 30, 2014, 02:22:40 PMThe Army lost a records warehouse in Saint Louis due to a fire sometime back in the 1950s on 12 July 1973.

Wearing the tinfoil hat.  I think this was done to avoid future Agent Orange claims.   >:D

If you listened to the excuses from the National Personnel Records Center, that fire is responsible for more damage than Mrs O'Leary's cow, Nero, and the fire bombing of Tokyo combined.

Agreed.  I sent a archive request for my initial military PEBD.  They sent me a reply that referenced the record wasn't available and cited the Fire. 

I sent them a reply that I'm sorry that you are still feeling the effects of that horrific tragedy...but could they please check again as the date of the fire was a few years before I was born.  I think my record should still be available somewhere.  I got my requested information about 6 weeks later.