New (?) Uniform Items

Started by JohnKachenmeister, January 11, 2011, 08:01:56 PM

manfredvonrichthofen

Well like I said, if this happens, I won't be around, and many others won't be either. CAP won't be CAP The USAF Aux. It will be those weird guys who shouldn't be allowed to dress themselves.

This will kill anything and everything CAP has going for it, its history, its future, heck I bet the police would be embarrassed to work with us.

SABRE17

I realize and respect our heritage, but come on, no teenager would be caught dead in a smurf suit, so there goes cadets in SAR, along with everyone else. just because we wore a uniform in WWII doesn't mean we have to wear it now. Id rather wear a service uniform on a UDF hunt then look like a blueberry in a reflective vest...

perhaps JohnKachenmeister can provide some supporting documents to said changes? 

PA Guy

^^^^

Should something like this ever come to pass I doubt it would involve cadets except those over 18 who don't meet Ht/Wt standards.

SABRE17

well the initial post said "the only field uniform will be the blue jumpsuit". i was assuming that all of these "changes apply to cadets as well.

hence request for supporting documents 

NIN

there's a reason I only check into CAP-Talk about once a week.  This thread is a primo example.

The initial pass on the OP's message failed my smell check so quickly that it wasn't even funny. 

I would believe a post that said "CAP getting King Airs" before this one.

I haven't read the 4-5 pages of in-between materials, cuz I know what it all says.  Really.

Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

a2capt

But but.. the OP came back and said it's true!! it must be!! because I read it here!

So, come on, whats the Kach?

The whole uniform thing is a bunch of bunk. If there is any uniformity at all, it's that it's going to be surrounded on controversy forever. There will be mid-east peace first.

The CyBorg is destroyed

If there is any truth to these, find out when the dates are, so I can figure up my years of service to at least get a certificate of retirement.

No way will I wear any of this shineola.

If there is any truth to this, it must be the Air Force punishing us for the CSU/TPU.
Exiled from GLR-MI-011

FW

Guys, if there is any truth to this, I probably would have heard something on my "other grapevine".
Methinks Kach was given information that may have been more "BS" than "RS". 

If, the Air Force wishes us to go through with such changes, it will be due to many other issues; least of which being the "CSU". :o

nesagsar

I just bought a new set of bbdu. I certainly would prefer to use it as a cap uniform then paintball gear.

Eclipse

Quote from: FW on January 12, 2011, 05:32:29 PM
Guys, if there is any truth to this, I probably would have heard something on my "other grapevine".
Methinks Kach was given information that may have been more "BS" than "RS". 

He wasn't "given any information", he made it up out of whole cloth (pun intended).

"That Others May Zoom"

researchdoc

I found out that they are going to be calling the Tropical Utility Uniform "The Jack Lalanne Heritage Uniform" and it is worn as seen here by Jack himself:

Here was Jack earlier in the year in discussion with a Coast Guard Aux rep, trying to get them to jump on the bandwagon prior to the commitment from the CAP.

Good thing is Vanguard is going to give away a free Jack Lalanne Juicer with every new utility uniform sold!
Public Affairs Officer NC-022
22nd v2.0 Podcast:  http://burlcapcast.net.tf
NC-022 Website:  http://doubledeuces.org

BradM

Quote from: wuzafuzz on January 12, 2011, 03:49:33 AM
Quote from: Spaceman3750 on January 11, 2011, 10:57:39 PM

Key words being old and smurf suit. According to our very own Maj. Corway at http://elkhartcap.com/CAPUniformHistory.aspx in an article I believe to be ripped from CadetStuff, they were around in the 80s and 90s.
I remember Don Knotts used to wear one of those on Three's Company.   Looked pretty sharp with those white loafers.   ::) 

I think the neck scarf should be added as well!!  ;D
BRAD MELILLO, 1st Lt, CAP
Finance Officer
Asst. Professional Development Officer
Brackett Composite Squadron 64
La Verne, CA

a2capt

Besides, more BS pointers: Are not "whites and blues" already going away, so to say that there is another "24 months" after a regulation takes effect...

AlphaSigOU

Quote from: JohnKachenmeister on January 12, 2011, 01:40:10 PM
I know you guys think I'm kidding, but I'm not.  Accusing me of a practical joke looks like wishful thinking on your part.  These changes were initiated by CAP-USAF, and I JUST found out at the squadron meeting last night that they don't stop there.

The Air Force style uniform will be changed as well:

AF Change 1:  Bright red (officially- scarlet) sewn-on epaulets and officer sleeve braids, with metal rank devices on the epaulet (which might make some folks happy).

AF Change 2:  Red and white chevrons for NCO's.  They'll look like AF stripes, but be red instead of blue.

Vanguard has already been told to gear up a conversion kit for the AF blue jacket.  The shirt will just have red epaulet sleeves.  I don't know yet if the "CAP" letters will be on the new red epaulet sleeves or not.

The Air Force is calling it the "Civil Air Patrol Heritage Initiative" (CAP-HI) to hark back to our original uniform.

Ahem... shoulder marks, not epaulet sleeves!  ;D

Hard rank on service dress... it's about time we get it back!

RUMINT has a tendency to be true... Lord knows, the Kwajalein 'coconut telegraph' (our rumor mill) gets news faster than the official base propaganda organ, the Hourglass! Sounds plausible but I'll believe it when I see it in the regs.

If the uniform is distinctive enough so that we don't get confused with the RealAirForce® (and current AF height/weight standards favor the skinny), then they should relax further the height-weight standards, say to 15 or 20%, with commander judgment on whether a member presents a military appearance. Otherwise, it's to the CAP distinctives. Perhaps make all members sign an agreement that they will follow the uniform standards and that they will revert to 'corporates' if they fall outside the standard.

Food for thought... I gotta go to work!
Lt Col Charles E. (Chuck) Corway, CAP
Gill Robb Wilson Award (#2901 - 2011)
Amelia Earhart Award (#1257 - 1982) - C/Major (retired)
Billy Mitchell Award (#2375 - 1981)
Administrative/Personnel/Professional Development Officer
Nellis Composite Squadron (PCR-NV-069)
KJ6GHO - NAR 45040

The CyBorg is destroyed

Quote from: AlphaSigOU on January 12, 2011, 06:57:36 PM
RUMINT has a tendency to be true...

If it is in this case, the seeds of the final destruction of Civil Air Patrol are sown.
Exiled from GLR-MI-011

NCRblues

Once again, i say this will never come to pass. Most of the NB knows this will doom a lot of cadets and SM's to simply hang it up and walk out the door. I think the NB members know that and wont vote for it. (if its even going to be on the agenda anyway).
In god we trust, all others we run through NCIC

BradM

Quote from: JohnKachenmeister on January 12, 2011, 01:40:10 PM
I know you guys think I'm kidding, but I'm not.  Accusing me of a practical joke looks like wishful thinking on your part.  These changes were initiated by CAP-USAF, and I JUST found out at the squadron meeting last night that they don't stop there.

The Air Force style uniform will be changed as well:

AF Change 1:  Bright red (officially- scarlet) sewn-on epaulets and officer sleeve braids, with metal rank devices on the epaulet (which might make some folks happy).

The Air Force is calling it the "Civil Air Patrol Heritage Initiative" (CAP-HI) to hark back to our original uniform.

Like this?

Finance Officer
La Verne, CA

manfredvonrichthofen

Honestly I might, I say might be able to live with that, depending on how it looks on the blues.

BradM

Quote from: manfredvonrichthofen on January 12, 2011, 07:48:24 PM
Honestly I might, I say might be able to live with that, depending on how it looks on the blues.

We should ask for the four pocket tunic back if they want the red. :) And allow goatees and beards too, nicely trimmed ;)
Finance Officer
La Verne, CA

BradM

And, if they choose olive drab color with the red. Perhaps we can use Soviet surplus officer caps with a new designed CAP emblem. ;)

Finance Officer
La Verne, CA