Main Menu

Trench coats.

Started by AngelWings, November 13, 2011, 03:45:40 PM

AngelWings

I had recently (has the uniform supply airman) run into a few trenchcoats. They were pretty warm looking. I noticed that these ones were made in '81, so I was wondering if their was a difference in color, layout, liner (the liner looks like it was made in the '80s), or such?

spacecommand

Are the coats double breasted (two rows of buttons) or single (one row of buttons)?

AngelWings

Quote from: spacecommand on November 13, 2011, 05:22:52 PM
Are the coats double breasted (two rows of buttons) or single (one row of buttons)?
Single.

MIKE

Obsolete and no longer authorized for uniform wear. 
Mike Johnston

Eclipse

Quote from: MIKE on November 13, 2011, 06:38:19 PM
Obsolete and no longer authorized for uniform wear.

Agreed, but multitudes better than a pink Hello Kitty ski jacket with fullfur-collared hood.

"That Others May Zoom"

a2capt

Quote from: Eclipse on November 13, 2011, 06:54:00 PMAgreed, but multitudes better than a pink Hello Kitty ski jacket with full-collared hood.
...or do you mean fur? Either way. Loads better.

PHall

You could probably take those obsolete coats to your local Surplus store and make a few dollars for your squadron.
You could even try working a trade for some stuff your unit could use.

RADIOMAN015

Quote from: Littleguy on November 13, 2011, 06:18:00 PM
Single.
Aahh, I got one of those also (double buttons), maybe I'll replace the buttons, with just plain blue buttons.   Also I've got the old blue rain coat (without insulation shell) as well as the the one (with the insulation shell) which I believe is the same as what you describe above.  AF regulations did allow the blue rain coat & blue insulated coat to be worn with civilian cloths IF no rank was displayed, so it would be legally for the latter 2 to be utilized even with the golf shirt combination.
RM   

RogueLeader

Quote from: RADIOMAN015 on November 13, 2011, 08:55:11 PM
Quote from: Littleguy on November 13, 2011, 06:18:00 PM
Single.
Aahh, I got one of those also (double buttons), maybe I'll replace the buttons, with just plain blue buttons.   Also I've got the old blue rain coat (without insulation shell) as well as the the one (with the insulation shell) which I believe is the same as what you describe above.  AF regulations did allow the blue rain coat & blue insulated coat to be worn with civilian cloths IF no rank was displayed, so it would be legally for the latter 2 to be utilized even with the golf shirt combination.
RM

I thought we are the CIVIL Air Patrol, and should therefore avoid anything that looks military?  Or has there been a change of mind?
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

AngelWings

Quote from: PHall on November 13, 2011, 08:03:41 PM
You could probably take those obsolete coats to your local Surplus store and make a few dollars for your squadron.
You could even try working a trade for some stuff your unit could use.
Great idea!

The CyBorg is destroyed

Or you could just have a nice-looking trenchcoat.

That's what I'm using my black Army-pattern one for that went with the CSU.
Exiled from GLR-MI-011

titanII

I'm not sure how much it would cost, or how "worth it" this would be, but couldn't you just have a tailor/nice squadron member replace the buttons? It would have to cost less than buying new trench coats. But again, I'm not sure how "worth it" this would be.
No longer active on CAP talk

AngelWings

Quote from: titanII on November 14, 2011, 02:54:33 AM
I'm not sure how much it would cost, or how "worth it" this would be, but couldn't you just have a tailor/nice squadron member replace the buttons? It would have to cost less than buying new trench coats. But again, I'm not sure how "worth it" this would be.
No, the layout of the buttons is off, and they have a BDU style button protecter flap. Plus, I think the shade of blue is far off of the new one.

Equinox

Speaking of trench coats, I have a question....

I'm a C/2nd Lt and I plan on wearing my trench coat for the first time to tomorrow's CAC meeting. The 39-1 reads "Cadet officers wear regular size metal grade insignia on epaulet."

How should they be positioned on the collar? Centered? Near the outer edges?

Thanks.
Signature edited.  Violation of Membership Code of Conduct.

Майор Хаткевич

I always set mine on the edge, but could see following the rules for the field jackets.

Brad

Quote from: Equinox on October 12, 2012, 05:45:57 PM
Speaking of trench coats, I have a question....

I'm a C/2nd Lt and I plan on wearing my trench coat for the first time to tomorrow's CAC meeting. The 39-1 reads "Cadet officers wear regular size metal grade insignia on epaulet."

How should they be positioned on the collar? Centered? Near the outer edges?

Thanks.

CAPR 39-1, Chapter 6, figure 6-11. They forgot to include a measurement for how far though...
Brad Lee
Maj, CAP
Assistant Deputy Chief of Staff, Communications
Mid-Atlantic Region
K4RMN

abdsp51

5/8 in centered from the bottom.