Main Menu

AE Activities

Started by Greg, February 15, 2005, 04:12:29 AM

A.Member

Quote from: CAP428 on November 12, 2006, 09:10:35 PM
I'm thinking about making my own AE videos and then giving them to my squadron to see if they would like to use them.  I have quite a bit of experience in video production and know some people with planes (or better yet, use a CAP plane).  This would make AE much more interesting than book lectures...

...If I make the videos I will submit them to NHQ and see if they would put them on that site as well so AEOs and other people can make AE more interesting.
I commend you for the initiative.  If you have the time, go for it.  <thumbsup>

Also keep this in mind:  You don't have to just follow the text.  Our cadet AE sesssions rarely follow the text.  On occasion it may be referenced for ideas on presentation topics but aside from that, cadets reference it and complete the modules on their own.  There's nearly an endless amount of aerospace related material available to use for classroom presentation/discussion (videos, software, guest speakers, etc.).   Point being, if someone doesn't have time, they can almost assuredly obtain material elsewhere as well.

Another idea: We put together trivia challenges beween cadets and seniors as well.  It's interactive and competitive.  Everyone seems to enjoy it.  Feel free to PM me if you're interested. 
"For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

CAP428

I have found them.  I believe you can just right click them and choose "Save Target As" and then burn to CD or download to iPod/mp3 player etc. from

http://cccs.okwg.cap.gov/Cadet%20Programs/Aerospace%20Education/Aerospace%20Modules.htm

Here is the original CAP site they were on, you just click "Listento modules read aloud" to get to the page I linked above.

http://level2.cap.gov/index.cfm?nodeID=5511

Pylon

Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP